Jump to content
Bjornebye

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Goalkeeper

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd hazard a guess that 95% of the posters on here have never seen Messi play in the flesh but will acknowledge he's been one of the best if not the best players on the planet for the last 12 years. I remember getting a Four Four Two in the 90's when they did a greatest 100 players of all time. I was fascinated as a kid reading about all the old players so when stuff became easy to find and watch with youtube etc I went and had a look at the top players from bygone eras. Lev Yashin was a phenomenal goalkeeper and Dino Zoff really shouldn't come as a surprise selection to any proper football fan of any age. 

I'm OK with picking players you haven't seen play, but there's a big difference between Messi and Yashin.

 

The footage available, the number of times you've seen seen live on TV,  the analysis and stats, etc.

 

I personally wouldn't ever pick a player I haven't seen play professionally and consistently while I've been alive and well, in the flesh or otherwise.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, m0e said:

I'm OK with picking players you haven't seen play, but there's a big difference between Messi and Yashin.

 

The footage available, the number of times you've seen seen live on TV,  the analysis and stats, etc.

 

I personally wouldn't ever pick a player I haven't seen play professionally and consistently while I've been alive and well, in the flesh or otherwise.

Thats fair enough mate each to their own. I personally don't go around dry bumming farm animals but I'm not here to judge you on it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats fair enough mate each to their own. I personally don't go around dry bumming farm animals but I'm not here to judge you on it. 

 Bin this off and do a kits one, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

 

6B4F9098-2404-4F76-AFEF-C511E2DAD57B.gif

No pleasing some people. It will be good this once the wannabe funny cunts realise they aren't funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bjornebye said:

No pleasing some people. It will be good this once the wannabe funny cunts realise they aren't funny. 

I’m happy to participate. However, in my opinion, it will be a bit shit if people only pick players from the modern era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats fair enough mate each to their own. I personally don't go around dry bumming farm animals but I'm not here to judge you on it. 

Hahahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m happy to participate. However, in my opinion, it will be a bit shit if people only pick players from the modern era.

Not everyone still lives in the 70's Tony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×