You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Goalkeeper

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, Wezza said:

I’d go with this. Honourable mention for Sly Stallone in Escape to Victory 

Haha.

Only other one I flirted with was Big Nev, as he was still playing regularly when I started going to games, but I wasn’t really aware that he was boss apart from my blue nose dad saying. 

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

Haha.

Only other one I flirted with was Big Nev, as he was still playing regularly when I started going to games, but I wasn’t really aware that he was boss apart from my blue nose dad saying. 

Rivalries aside Big Nev was a top keeper 

I have Rinat Dasayev in mine cause i thought he deserved a shout but it could have been anyone from Oblak,Buffon, Casillas,Khan. But Schmeichel is by far number 1 for me. 

I've just started Michael Cox audio book of The Mixer. He covers the change in keepers around the time Schmeichel came onto the world stage at the same time as the passback laws came in. There's a good argument Schmeichel is the most important keeper in football history. He was worth a good 7-12pts every year

8 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Gordon Banks

Bert Trautmann

Yev Yashin.

No oversize fancy gloves, wet leather balls  usually in a mud bath by the second half.

The pussies today have got it easy

Who is Yev Yashin? Can you post a picture. Don’t forget his name. You know the rules.

9 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I never got the love in for Casillas, yeah he was obviously good but not top tier for me. 

Thought he was superb

He put on a brilliant display at Anfield even if Real got twatted 4-0, he was the reason it wasn't double figures

53 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thought he was superb

He put on a brilliant display at Anfield even if Real got twatted 4-0, he was the reason it wasn't double figures

Like I said he was good, no arguments. 

But he was a 6 yard box shot stopper for me and very dodgy on crosses/corners. 

On 04/08/2021 at 09:19, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm surprised there's only the one shout for Sepp Maier. What's a cat got to do to get some votes around here?

Maier has one of my votes too.

Unfortunately, I'd never seen him play, other than through old archive highlights and the like. 

The old boys that I used to talk to about football before my time always had him up there with the very best. In fact, most of the West Germany team from the World Cup in '74 should be getting a lot of shouts in the other positions too. Some squad they had that year.

Sepp Maier

Dino Zoff

Gianluigi Buffon