You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Goalkeeper

Bjornebye

Voting for your all time non-Liverpool team. 

How it works:

Nominate 3 players in the position stated (I have gone 4411 G, RB, 2 CB's, LB, DM, CM, RW, LW an AM and an out and out number 9 - I had to make a decision on formation so thats what I've gone for)

I will then put each position to a vote. Any player with over 1 vote gets entered into the tournament. By the end we will have our all time best side. 

First up - Goalkeepers. Nominate your 3 best Non Liverpool keepers of all time (They can never at anytime have been part of a Liverpool squad) 

Nominations for Keepers will end on Friday at Midday 

Looking forward to the YouTube clips when the tournament proper starts.

Obviously there will be some nominations of players most of us will never have seen play live. This shouldn’t preclude them from being included though.

I never saw Pele play but I’m fairly confident he was half decent. 

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

Looking forward to the YouTube clips when the tournament proper starts.

Obviously there will be some nominations of players most of us will never have seen play live. This shouldn’t preclude them from being included though.

I never saw Pele play but I’m fairly confident he was half decent. 

Not having a dig at Stig, but I honestly don’t see the point in nominating/voting for players you’ve never seen play.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Not having a dig at Stig, but I honestly don’t see the point in nominating/voting for players you’ve never seen play.

It’s a valid argument of course, but there’s plenty of opportunities to research players you haven’t seen. That might be one of the best things about participating in the tournament. 

Particularly if you’re a boring fucker, with little else to do, like me. 

38 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I'd hazard a guess that 95% of the posters on here have never seen Messi play in the flesh but will acknowledge he's been one of the best if not the best players on the planet for the last 12 years. I remember getting a Four Four Two in the 90's when they did a greatest 100 players of all time. I was fascinated as a kid reading about all the old players so when stuff became easy to find and watch with youtube etc I went and had a look at the top players from bygone eras. Lev Yashin was a phenomenal goalkeeper and Dino Zoff really shouldn't come as a surprise selection to any proper football fan of any age.