You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The QAnon Thread

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Look, that’s all well and good but I’d be perfectly happy to take his opinion on my mortgage.  

Fucking morons. 

You really are rattled aren’t you. 

That story is horrific. All that stuff he’s followed is wrong.

Yet, your here to score points. 

10 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

You really are rattled aren’t you. 

That story is horrific. All that stuff he’s followed is wrong.

Yet, your here to score points. 

Rattled? I don’t think I’ve seen someone miss the point more since Simon left. 

These people are dangerous, they are targeting people like you. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Rattled? I don’t think I’ve seen someone miss the point more since Simon left. 

These people are dangerous, they are targeting people like you. 

They aren’t targeting me at all. Stop chatting absolute shite. 

You are getting yourself in knots here over something you don’t need to.

Poor scared little lamb. Will the bad guys come and get me and make me do things I wouldn’t ever dream of doing like you know, slaughtering myself family? 

You are an absolute head the ball. To get to where you are in thinking I am a target of QAnon in how you have is astounding.

Scared. Little. Pussy. 

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Pretty sure I saw somewhere that like a quarter of all Republicans believe that secret satanic paedophiles run the world. 
That’s millions of people.

The more than 5,100 people who were surveyed were asked about three core QAnon beliefs, with roughly a quarter of Republicans agreeing with the wild statements. 

Fifteen percent of all Americans and 23% of Republicans said they agree that “the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation.”

Twenty percent of Americans and 28% of Republicans said they believe that “there is a storm coming soon that will sweep away the elites in power and restore the rightful leaders.”

And when asked if they believe that “because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country,” 15% of Americans and 28% of Republicans agreed.

While Republicans are more likely to support them, QAnon conspiracy theories also are finding an audience among independents and Democrats, the survey found. 

Thirteen percent of independents and 7% of Democrats said they agree that there is a cabal of Satanists who control the government, media and financial worlds and also run a child sex ring. Eighteen percent of independents an 14% of Democrats believe there is a coming “storm.” And 14% of independents and 8% of Democrats agree that violence might be necessary to put the country back on track.

While Republicans are more likely to support them, QAnon conspiracy theories also are finding an audience among independents and Democrats, the survey found. 

Thirteen percent of independents and 7% of Democrats said they agree that there is a cabal of Satanists who control the government, media and financial worlds and also run a child sex ring. Eighteen percent of independents an 14% of Democrats believe there is a coming “storm.” And 14% of independents and 8% of Democrats agree that violence might be necessary to put the country back on track.’

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/politics/2021/05/27/poll--15-20--of-americans-believe-in-core-qanon-conspiracy-theories

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The more than 5,100 people who were surveyed were asked about three core QAnon beliefs, with roughly a quarter of Republicans agreeing with the wild statements. 

Fifteen percent of all Americans and 23% of Republicans said they agree that “the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation.”

Twenty percent of Americans and 28% of Republicans said they believe that “there is a storm coming soon that will sweep away the elites in power and restore the rightful leaders.”

And when asked if they believe that “because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country,” 15% of Americans and 28% of Republicans agreed.

Thirteen percent of independents and 7% of Democrats said they agree that there is a cabal of Satanists who control the government, media and financial worlds and also run a child sex ring. Eighteen percent of independents an 14% of Democrats believe there is a coming “storm.” And 14% of independents and 8% of Democrats agree that violence might be necessary to put the country back on track.

Thirteen percent of independents and 7% of Democrats said they agree that there is a cabal of Satanists who control the government, media and financial worlds and also run a child sex ring. Eighteen percent of independents an 14% of Democrats believe there is a coming “storm.” And 14% of independents and 8% of Democrats agree that violence might be necessary to put the country back on track.’

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/politics/2021/05/27/poll--15-20--of-americans-believe-in-core-qanon-conspiracy-theories

Yeah, that seems like it. 

Quick search tells me the US voting population is about 240 million people.  So just 30 odd million who think the Satan-worshipping paedophiles are in control.

Get @Rico1304 over there pronto to dish out some painful advice - might take him a while though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Quick search tells me the US voting population is about 240 million people.  So just 30 odd million who think the Satan-worshipping paedophiles are in control.

Get @Rico1304 over there pronto to dish out some painful advice - might take him a while though.

Me and the mortgage advisor can split it. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Similar ratio to people on here. There’s plenty of us that don’t have our heads buried in the sand. Let’s see who’s laughing in November 2024, eh, big man?

• Upvote 2

This is a painful topic for me because my best friend is a hardcore Q anon cultist and it has made friendship with him difficult as he seldom wants to talk about anything else. 

His views about the Sandy Hook massacre (that it was a hoax) are reprehensible but very common in that cult and he often wants to talk about it which makes things difficult. 

The movement was dealt a huge blow with the electoral defeat of Donald Trump as that was categorically not supposed to happen according to their world view. My friend mocked me mercilessly for saying that Biden would win; for him it was an utter impossibility. 

However like other ideologies it just staggers on regardless. Too many egos and too much life has been invested in it to let it go. 

Its remarkable to think that it may have originated as a piece of trolling on 4chan. The lie grew bigger than the liar and "Q" couldn't even stop it if he wanted to. One of the main guys, possibly the main guy did come out and pretty much admit it was nonsense but as I say the lie was vastly bigger than the liar at that point. A bit like "Brian" not being able to convince anyone he isn't the Messiah. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

However like other ideologies it just staggers on regardless. Too many egos and too much life has been invested in it to let it go. 

Spot on this. See anti-covid, anti-mask, anti-vax heads. Most come across like obsessed headtheballs who simply won't take on-board any evidence that disproves their ramblings. 

And imagine just being out for a pint and your mate keeps wedging Sandy Hook into conversation every 5 minutes. 

"Alright mate!" 

"Whose that?"

"Some lad I used to play footy with"

"Whats his name?"

"Adam"

"That reminds me.....even his mum said he didn't exist" 

16 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

This is a painful topic for me because my best friend is a hardcore Q anon cultist and it has made friendship with him difficult as he seldom wants to talk about anything else. 

His views about the Sandy Hook massacre (that it was a hoax) are reprehensible but very common in that cult and he often wants to talk about it which makes things difficult. 

The movement was dealt a huge blow with the electoral defeat of Donald Trump as that was categorically not supposed to happen according to their world view. My friend mocked me mercilessly for saying that Biden would win; for him it was an utter impossibility. 

Its remarkable to think that it may have originated as a piece of trolling on 4chan. The lie grew bigger than the liar and "Q" couldn't even stop it if he wanted to. One of the main guys, possibly the main guy did come out and pretty much admit it was nonsense but as I say the lie was vastly bigger than the liar at that point. A bit like "Brian" not being able to convince anyone he isn't the Messiah. 

Jom Stewartson has been tracking QAnon for a good while. He’s worth a read. I’ve linked to the jumping off point below.

I’m very sorry for the strain on your friendship. What people often forget if that family and friends of the QAnon believer are also victims of it because it leads to the breakup of friendships, relationships and families.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Spot on this. See anti-covid, anti-mask, anti-vax heads. Most come across like obsessed headtheballs who simply won't take on-board any evidence that disproves their ramblings. 

And imagine just being out for a pint and your mate keeps wedging Sandy Hook into conversation every 5 minutes. 

"Alright mate!" 

"Whose that?"

"Some lad I used to play footy with"

"Whats his name?"

"Adam"

"That reminds me.....even his mum said he didn't exist" 

Sadly I don't have to imagine that, at least in broad outline. 

On a positive note I think the electoral loss of Trump has had an effect even if it hasn't collapsed the movement. It has a huge body blow to their ideology and they know it. 

The whole thing was predicated on an existential war between the "deep state" and a small cadre of loyal patriots who were disseminating their plans through 4chan (yes through 4chan) to wake up the public to the coming "storm" (an apocalyptic clash that would see the evil forces assailing the world overthrown)  after which there would be a state of grace. 

That Trump just lost the election, got butthurt and went away CANNOT be reconciled with that world view no matter how many mental gymnastics they do. 

They aren't climbing down from their previous views but they aren't bringing them up quite as much. My last conversation with my friend wasn't even about Qanon stuff it was about aliens (that old conspiracy classic). 

9 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Sadly I don't have to imagine that, at least in broad outline. 

On a positive note I think the electoral loss of Trump has had an effect even if it hasn't collapsed the movement. It has a huge body blow to their ideology and they know it. 

The whole thing was predicated on an existential war between the "deep state" and a small cadre of loyal patriots who were disseminating their plans through 4chan (yes through 4chan) to wake up the public to the coming "storm" (an apocalyptic clash that would see the evil forces assailing the world overthrown)  after which there would be a state of grace. 

That Trump just lost the election, got butthurt and went away CANNOT be reconciled with that world view no matter how many mental gymnastics they do. 

They aren't climbing down from their previous views but they aren't bringing them up quite as much. My last conversation with my friend wasn't even about Qanon stuff it was about aliens (that old conspiracy classic). 

The bum probing type of aliens? They are my favourite. Why wouldn’t you arrive on a new planet and stick things up bums.  Lifey does it all the time.  

A mate of mine lives in the US and he’s absolutely convinced that alien abductions are real.  He’s even made a film about it.  

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The bum probing type of aliens? They are my favourite. Why wouldn’t you arrive on a new planet and stick things up bums.  Lifey does it all the time.  

A mate of mine lives in the US and he’s absolutely convinced that alien abductions are real.  He’s even made a film about it.  

Nah its that aliens have warp drive technology and there have been many real UFO sightings and the aliens galactic empire want to make contact with us but the elites are managing when and whether the public will be informed. 

Its basically an X-files plot. 

Do you remember there being a big media uptick in interest in UFO sightings and their credibility? It has dovetailed with that because as you can imagine the conspiracy set have a lot to say on that topic. For some of them before Qanon, Sandyhook and Alex Jones it was their bread and butter. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Personally not really that arsed as the internet or Twitter really isn’t real life.

They’ll always be nutters who attach themselves to daft things and obsess over them…..

The Capitol Riots were real life, to be fair. 

Shame that it didn’t topple the US deep state but our time will come again.  

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Capitol Riots were real life, to be fair. 

Shame that it didn’t topple the US deep state but our time will come again.  

Of course, but it’s not affecting the everyday person and everyday way of life.

I think it’s one of those things that if you seek it online then it almost magnifies the size of it.