You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest 10's Film - Round 2 - Group 1

Bjornebye

Greatest 10's Film - Round 2 - Group 1 - Pick Your Favourite 2  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Two (2) 2!

• The Town
    • Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
    • Django Unchained
    • Paddington
    • Avengers Endgame
    • Interstellar

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/07/21 at 14:05

The Town - A good film rather than a great one, but something I enjoy rewatching.

Paddington - Wonderful. I’ve been a fan since I was a kid.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood just missed out. The real Sharon Tate > Margot Robbie. 

Interstella can fuck right off. I’d sooner watch Button Moon.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

That scene in Interstellar with the wave - I barely took a breath. And then when they get back into orbit, Christ, Nolan really cranked up the emotion levels. 

A truly magnificent piece of filmmaking. I wouldn't shed a tear if it won the whole thing (every decade) 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A truly magnificent piece of filmmaking. I wouldn't shed a tear if it won the whole thing (every decade) 

Deffo. McConaughey was brilliant as well and was on a roll career-wise - Killer Joe, Mud, Magic Mike, Dallas Buyers Club, True Detective then Interstellar, all in about 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Deffo. McConaughey was brilliant as well and was on a roll career-wise - Killer Joe, Mud, Magic Mike, Dallas Buyers Club, True Detective then Interstellar, all in about 2 years. 

Whilst I think you boys are overrating Interstellar, that is an impressive run of films.

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

He's a superb actor. Some list of movies he's got. 

11 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Anybody else find Django painfully shit, Like every fucking second of it? Just me?

I think Django, Hateful 8 and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood are absolute garbage and if they'd been made by anyone other than Tarantino would have been absolutely panned. Proper Emperors Clothes shit going on with him these days. 

For me since Sally Menke died everything he's made has just dragged on and been boring as fuck. I managed to struggle through Django but didn't like it, managed about an hour of Hateful 8 before I couldn't stand it any more and had to abandon it and managed all of Once Upon A Time but regretted not giving up on it sooner. 

11 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Anybody else find Django painfully shit, Like every fucking second of it? Just me?

I've only ever seen the second half of it  (from the bit where they're having dinner at di Caprio's onwards). I thought it was enjoyable enough; standard Tarantino style-over-substance stuff and not nearly as shit as Kill Bill.

28 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Once upon a Time in Hollywood is brilliant. The attention to detail is quite extraordinary. 

Yep. I enjoyed it more the second time around. Tarantino is a proper details man, you can watch his films over and over and pick up on new things everytime. He's a genius. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. I enjoyed it more the second time around. Tarantino is a proper details man, you can watch his films over and over and pick up on new things everytime. He's a genius. 

Me too, Stuff like when Cliff Booth is driving down Sunset Boulevard, it must have cost him a fortune to replicate the whole look of the era