Bjornebye

Tokyo Olympics 2020 (21)

Darts should definitely be an Olympic sport.

As for them not being athletes, that's complete bollocks. Steve Bunting once did the 100m in 32.3s.

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

Congratulations @Code. He couldn’t have done it without you. 

If his mother had better looks, I could have been his father. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Code said:

If his mother had better looks, I could have been his father. 

One of  you probably is.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Handball is a truly shit sport.

I think Code might reconsider his neg after that defeat to the Danes. 

21 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

I think Code might reconsider his neg after that defeat to the Danes. 

Haha very disappointing, but handball is one of the greatest sports there is. 

Its got everything really.

Womens handball is a bit more boring, but we should be favourites to win the gold there. 

I played in a handball tournament as a kid for the school, didn't know the rules then and still don't. Unsurprisingly we got knocked out early doors.

Just now, Elite said:

I played in a handball tournament as a kid for the school, didn't know the rules then and still don't. Unsurprisingly we got knocked out early doors.

Haha I used to play both handball and football until I was 17, but it got difficult to combine both after that, so I had to make a choice. 

We were regional Champions at youth level and a few of my mates played at the top level in Norway a few years later. I only got as high as the 3rd division, I quit when we got promoted to 2nd division. 

• Upvote 1

Grant Holloway might just be the best athlete of any sport in the world right now.

Indoor world record holder in the 60m hurdles, second fastest all time in the 110m hurdles, 8.17 metres in the long jump and a sub 45 second 400m runner.

Not sure how the commissars found in favour of Denmark in the cycling team pursuit. To win the race, other than one team being fastest over the distance, one member of the pursuing team has to get fully level with the last man of the other team. How does slamming into the back of the other team's rider and causing a crash work?

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not sure how the commissars found in favour of Denmark in the cycling team pursuit. To win the race, other than one team being fastest over the distance, one member of the pursuing team has to get fully level with the last man of the other team. How does slamming into the back of the other team's rider and causing a crash work?

I didn’t realise they’d put Denmark into the final, complete bullshit that.

Even though the Brits were terrible and Denmark miles better. Even worse that GB were placed at the bottom because they were so slow having had the rider knocked down.

On 01/08/2021 at 09:20, Rico1304 said:

This is scary. 

Vitaly Shishov, the head of a Kiev-based organization helping Belarusians flee abroad, was found dead on Tuesday, a day after he went missing, according to Ukraine's National Police.

Shishov, the head of Belarusian House in Ukraine (BDU), "was found hanged today in one of Kiev's parks, not far from his place of residence," said police in a statement. "Vitaly's mobile phone and personal belongings were removed from the scene."
Police have launched a criminal case into the suspected "premeditated murder" and will investigate all possibilities, including the possibility that it was "murder disguised as suicide," said the statement.

They are speculating he was in touch with the runner.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Another great bit of coasting yourself out of the top two there.

I know wtf! he finished under 20 seconds as well so if he'd just pressed on the last 10 metres he probably would have broken it. Arrogant prick hope he gets the inside lane in the final and Jonathan Edwards trips him up then starts talking to him about the bible. 

The final will be ace though.