Bjornebye

Tokyo Olympics 2020 (21)

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

There's hope for us yet, Rico.

Ha ha, I don’t think I’d reach the heady heights of ‘distinctly average’!  

8 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Wtf was Shericka Jackson playing at earlier in the 200m? Strolled through the final 50 m and lost out. 

It was crazy wasn't it? She'll be gutted.

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Still puzzles me why darts isn't an Olympic sport. The skill involved is certainly on a par with archery or the shooting events.

Phil Taylor would be walking around Stoke with his medal round his neck every single day. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

It was crazy wasn't it? She'll be gutted.

I don't understand it. She didn't even check to see was anyone near her. Bizarre.

I'd imagine the reason darts isn't in there is perhaps there isn't a wide enough range of nations playing it at the top level to peak the international interest? 

I think the skateboarding and BMXing have been a real success. I also have really enjoyed the mixed relays in various events, it really brings intrigue and strategy into it, though GB doing well probably is a big part of that. 

They should possibly bin football or at least change it to 5 a side or something. In its place should be best breakfast. 

"He was doing so well until the ramekin of beans were placed on the table, the Albanian judge will certainly deduct for that and quite rightly" 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Darts is a pub game like Billiards. Its image isn't that of an athletic competition.

Think again my friend.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Proposal: make darts an Olympic sport, but only if losing competitors are forced to watch the medal presentation while being told "look at what you could have won".

Or replace gold medals with a speedboat. 

31 minutes ago, Remmie said:

In its place should be best breakfast. 

There’d have to be a qualifying standard though. The Olympics can’t let any old bollocks be entered into one of their competitions. It’s not the GF!

59 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

There’d have to be a qualifying standard though. The Olympics can’t let any old bollocks be entered into one of their competitions. It’s not the GF!

Absolutely untrue - the Eddie the Eagle breakfast would be quite a thing.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'm not sure whether synchronised swimming is a sport, or if it should actually be an Olympic event, but fucking hell they are talented. 

I think of it more in terms of “sports-entertainment “, like pro wrestling or the ballet.

7e2992cd21d29a618a1d2fef9641973f.png

• Upvote 1

Another tear-strewn interview, this time with Adam Gemili, the questions seem to keep on coming in, just let the poor fucker sulk.

42 minutes ago, Stickman said:

That is one of the greatest ever runs in any Olympics by Karsten Warholm to smash his own 400 m hurdles world record ..

41 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Holy fuck, the 400m hurdles.

Imagine breaking the world record by more than half a second and only winning silver.

I knew all Code's aliases would be rushing to this thread after that race.

Update on the Belarus athlete. From the BBC website.

Krystina Timanovskaya, 24, has been granted a humanitarian visa by Poland and is now at its embassy in Tokyo.

She is expected to leave Japan on Wednesday, her supporters have said.