You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tokyo Olympics 2020 (21)

Bjornebye

13 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Apologies if posted before, but this is one of the best interviews I’ve ever seen. 

Apparently she was going to retire but held on to get to this ‘lumpics’ but was disappointed at not winning gold last time. When she was asked why she continued to put herself through the pain and effort of training she said ‘have you ever won silver?’  

I think I love her. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anubis said:

Just watched a bit of catch up. Monsieur Aliev clearly unhappy at not being able to grind his head into his opponent. And immense second ride from Charlotte Worthington in the BMX final.

I thought Aliev was unlucky , he was a bit rough but nowhere near disqualification rough , it seemed a reaction to the cuts.

Camacho-Quinn breaks the Olympic record in the women's 110m hurdles and it was in the semi final.

This track is definitely super fast and I'd be surprised if a world record or two don't get broken.

The 100m mens is a total toss up. Here's my top 3 picks but I'll probably be completely wrong.

1. Kerley (more well know as a 400m athlete but I have a feeling his strength will come through in the last 20 metres)

2. De Grasse 

3. Ronnie Baker

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The Poles have been fucking brilliant on the track.

They have incredible depth at 400m and 800m. The European indoors are basically Poland vs GB like those old World Cup style meets they had in the 70s.

8 minutes ago, Em City said:

They have incredible depth at 400m and 800m. The European indoors are basically Poland vs GB like those old World Cup style meets they had in the 70s.

Their mixed relay run was phenomenal. Relays are probably my favourite events and I love the idea of a mixed one.