Bjornebye

Tokyo Olympics 2020 (21)

13 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Apologies if posted before, but this is one of the best interviews I’ve ever seen. 

Apparently she was going to retire but held on to get to this ‘lumpics’ but was disappointed at not winning gold last time. When she was asked why she continued to put herself through the pain and effort of training she said ‘have you ever won silver?’  

I think I love her. 

• Upvote 1

Chinese athlete smashes his pb and the national record to beat Ronnier Baker and Lamont Marcel Jacobs. 

The HGH is strong with this one.

Just watched a bit of catch up. Monsieur Aliev clearly unhappy at not being able to grind his head into his opponent. And immense second ride from Charlotte Worthington in the BMX final.

Just now, Anubis said:

Just watched a bit of catch up. Monsieur Aliev clearly unhappy at not being able to grind his head into his opponent. And immense second ride from Charlotte Worthington in the BMX final.

I thought Aliev was unlucky , he was a bit rough but nowhere near disqualification rough , it seemed a reaction to the cuts.

Camacho-Quinn breaks the Olympic record in the women's 110m hurdles and it was in the semi final.

This track is definitely super fast and I'd be surprised if a world record or two don't get broken.

The 100m mens is a total toss up. Here's my top 3 picks but I'll probably be completely wrong.

1. Kerley (more well know as a 400m athlete but I have a feeling his strength will come through in the last 20 metres)

2. De Grasse 

3. Ronnie Baker

One of the finalists, at least, is going to have the best sub ten seconds of their life. 

I’d like to think I’ve enabled that for a few women in my time. 

I’d like to think…

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The Poles have been fucking brilliant on the track.

They have incredible depth at 400m and 800m. The European indoors are basically Poland vs GB like those old World Cup style meets they had in the 70s.

8 minutes ago, Em City said:

They have incredible depth at 400m and 800m. The European indoors are basically Poland vs GB like those old World Cup style meets they had in the 70s.

Their mixed relay run was phenomenal. Relays are probably my favourite events and I love the idea of a mixed one.

Nigel Amos, the favourite for the 800 metres, just took out himself and the NCAA winner. That final is wide open.

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Lord of Winterfell and new king of the seven kingdoms performing in the high jump. 

The 3-eyebrowed raven.

• Upvote 1