You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tokyo Olympics 2020 (21)

Bjornebye

How the fuck did the US pull that back to win? China could've at least got the most total medals so that NYT and other US outlets had to place the US second in their total medal count tables even though they got most golds. Or would they have swapped it to the other version seeing as the US had the golds?

Well, Doctor Strange can see you in several alternate universes US outlets, and yes, you did in fact swap the tables around so it was the most golds instead. Busted. You can't simply pull the wool over our eyes by cherry picking this universe to suit your agenda.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think the only question here has to be, why wasn't he disqualified from the race?

When you think KJT was officially disqualified from the heptathlon for rolling out of her lane in the 200m when down injured on the floor I think it's pretty disgraceful he hasnt. Sorry Arnaud!

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

How the fuck did the US pull that back to win? China could've at least got the most total medals so that NYT and other US outlets had to place the US second in their total medal count tables even though they got most golds. Or would they have swapped it to the other version seeing as the US had the golds?

Well, Doctor Strange can see you in several alternate universes US outlets, and yes, you did in fact swap the tables around so it was the most golds instead. Busted. You can't simply pull the wool over our eyes by cherry picking this universe to suit your agenda.

What are you on about fella -- US won more of both.

This is how it looks on ESPN

espn.PNG

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

What are you on about fella -- US won more of both.

This is how it looks on ESPN

espn.PNG

I know, the US totally ruined it. When I first noticed some US outlets had them top as they were doing the table ranked by overall medal count China were ahead on golds by a good few. And like I said Doctor Strange has seen places where the US switched the tables back around as they led on golds but China had most overall. So it's all a big con.

It was good to see that BMX and skateboarding were at these olympics too. I didn't see any of it but if I'd known they were doing that would've checked the schedule and maybe watched some. Anything that adds a bit of an X Games feel is good, used to like watching that years ago.

Dickhead

Chijindu Ujah: British Olympic silver medallist suspended after positive test for banned substance - BBC Sport

British sprinter Chijindu Ujah has been suspended from competition after testing positive for a banned substance.

Ujah, 27, was part of Team GB men's 4x100m relay team which won silver at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics earlier this month.

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Even bigger twat if that gets the other 3 stripped of their medals as well. Body and mass building stuff, just eat chicken and eggs you cunt. 

If the ban is confirmed the other 3 will lose their medals too. Bolt lost one of his relay golds because Asafa Powell got banned.

On 08/08/2021 at 15:28, sir roger said:

Much better games than I anticipated , and some great moments even in sports that I didn't totally understand.

Thought the BBC coverage was excellent in trying circumstances with them not in total control of the set up and the time difference bringing its own problems. Hazel Irvine and Gabby Logan are fantastic broadcasters and I can't think of a single person who didn't pull their weight , with even Jeanette Kwakye getting a bit better as the games continued and tbf even Graham Norton would struggle on occasions getting sense out of people with racing emotions after seeing five years work vindicated or shattered.

Brave of Japan to turn the closing ceremony over to a local youth club and give them a £30 budget.

Hazel gave us one of the best moments of the games.

my daughter got way more into it than I expected her to, and watched loads, and we were sat together watching something - possibly the taekwondo - when hazel informed us to be back for the final which will start at “a kwa-terrrr-terr-twoooooo”.

now anytime anyone asks what the time is, is what time does something start, or what time do we need to arrive somewhere, the answer is always “akwarterrrterrrrtwooooooooooooo”

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 23/07/2021 at 14:00, Remmie said:

Ace, I love the olympics. Sport on most of the day, each event is usually short and sweet enough to stay interesting before it gets too tedious. They can bin all the horse shit and shooting though. I'll think of some more shit sports they could also do with getting rid of in time, don't worry. I sometimes even get into the gymnastics. 

Olga Korbut, the perfect ten, 1972. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, the chimp said:

Not on anywhere near an industrial scale as the steroids but pregnant and then abortions. Yes, that's true.

Maybe the pregnancies hid,or gave an excuse for the enhanced level of steroids in their bodies?

Terrible stuff,yet the US hired some of the cheating fuckers behind these schemes.