You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tokyo Olympics 2020 (21)

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Still puzzles me why darts isn't an Olympic sport. The skill involved is certainly on a par with archery or the shooting events.

Phil Taylor would be walking around Stoke with his medal round his neck every single day. 

• Upvote 2

I'd imagine the reason darts isn't in there is perhaps there isn't a wide enough range of nations playing it at the top level to peak the international interest? 

I think the skateboarding and BMXing have been a real success. I also have really enjoyed the mixed relays in various events, it really brings intrigue and strategy into it, though GB doing well probably is a big part of that. 

They should possibly bin football or at least change it to 5 a side or something. In its place should be best breakfast. 

"He was doing so well until the ramekin of beans were placed on the table, the Albanian judge will certainly deduct for that and quite rightly" 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Stickman said:

That is one of the greatest ever runs in any Olympics by Karsten Warholm to smash his own 400 m hurdles world record ..

41 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Holy fuck, the 400m hurdles.

Imagine breaking the world record by more than half a second and only winning silver.

I knew all Code's aliases would be rushing to this thread after that race.

Update on the Belarus athlete. From the BBC website.

Krystina Timanovskaya, 24, has been granted a humanitarian visa by Poland and is now at its embassy in Tokyo.

She is expected to leave Japan on Wednesday, her supporters have said.