You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tokyo Olympics 2020 (21)

Bjornebye

34 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The camera in the hockey goal at penalty corners seems a bit, erm, voyeuristic. Well it is the Japan games, I suppose.

What does that mean ? Are you implying that all Japanese people are voyeurs ? 

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Someone's spoiling for an argument today...

Nah I just can’t help notice and undertone to a lot of your posts lately. It’s really quite apparent when you look at it all collectively. But still, I’m not looking for an argument at all.

The olympics is already winning me over. It’s ace 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah I just can’t help notice and undertone to a lot of your posts lately. It’s really quite apparent when you look at it all collectively. But still, I’m not looking for an argument at all.

I love the Olympics. Its been good so far, and the track and field hadn't even started yet.

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Okay, cool.

No, I don't think all Japanese people are voyeurs. Nevertheless there is a significant problem with voyeurism in Japan, women being upskirted by hidden cameras and so on. I was merely speculating that whoever stuck a camera in the bottom corner of the goal so you get a close quarters view of the ladies' legs may have been on the voyeuristic side.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Okay, cool.

No, I don't think all Japanese people are voyeurs. Nevertheless there is a significant problem with voyeurism in Japan, women being upskirted by hidden cameras and so on. I was merely speculating that whoever stuck a camera in the bottom corner of the goal so you get a close quarters view of the ladies' legs may have been on the voyeuristic side.

Aah ok. At least I know you’ll watch your words moving forward. But yes upskirting is a problem not solely associated to Japan but nevertheless it’s quite an unsettling phenomena 

She called for her coach to play the card. You saw her wave and imaginary card like an Italian footballer and then the coach obliged.

I have absolutely no idea why or what for, but it was definitely not the coach alone that did it.

Just now, Bob Spunkmouse said:

She called for her coach to play the card. You saw her wave and imaginary card like an Italian footballer and then the coach obliged.

I have absolutely no idea why or what for, but it was definitely not the coach alone that did it.

Yeah you're right she did. 

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Good to see the Team GB competitors accepting their silver and bronze medals and realising that it’s a great achievement and not disrespectfully whipping them off as soon as they are around their necks as we’ve seen other sportsmen do recently 

I've not seen that (not disagreeing with you that it happens nor whipping off the medals being right) but I get a bit frustrated with the mentality we have sometimes where British athletes are often overjoyed with Silvers and Bronzes especially when they were in winning positions. I think their is a national psyche of a lack of killer instinct and ultimate ambition at times. 

That Aussie coach going berserk was fucking great. 

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I've not seen that (not disagreeing with you that it happens nor whipping off the medals being right) but I get a bit frustrated with the mentality we have sometimes where British athletes are often overjoyed with Silvers and Bronzes especially when they were in winning positions. I think their is a national psyche of a lack of killer instinct and ultimate ambition at times. 

That Aussie coach going berserk was fucking great. 

Obviously everyone wants the gold but a silver or bronze olympic medal is a staggering achievement and they should rightly be made up 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Obviously everyone wants the gold but a silver or bronze olympic medal is a staggering achievement and they should rightly be made up 

It depends on the situation, that Adam Yee looked a little disappointed at first with his Silver in the Triathlon but considering his level of experience it was a fantastic achievement. 

The 2 Taekwondo fighters though need to be rueful as they were winning with seconds left. Have to admit I slept through both finals with work so am not too sure the exact reactions but I think the bloke at least was crestfallen. It's a tough one, a balance between what might have been and pride in getting to be 2nd or 3rd best in the world is a huge mixture of emotions. 

I'm still gutted I came 3rd in the 25m freestyle at school. Should rightly be Olympic champion now. 

8 minutes ago, Remmie said:

It depends on the situation, that Adam Yee looked a little disappointed at first with his Silver in the Triathlon but considering his level of experience it was a fantastic achievement. 

The 2 Taekwondo fighters though need to be rueful as they were winning with seconds left. Have to admit I slept through both finals with work so am not too sure the exact reactions but I think the bloke at least was crestfallen. It's a tough one, a balance between what might have been and pride in getting to be 2nd or 3rd best in the world is a huge mixture of emotions. 

I'm still gutted I came 3rd in the 25m freestyle at school. Should rightly be Olympic champion now. 

I suppose it depends what the expectations are mate. If they are a favourite for gold and don't get it then yeah I completely get the disappointment but if you aren't meant to be near the podium and pick up a silver or bronze you should be bloody delighted 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

This BBC coverage is shit IMO. Seen more of the athlete's families on Skype than the events themselves. Its tedious now. Alex Scott is sound but Claire Balding needs to be fucked off, constant awful banter and seems to have zero insight to offer.

You wouldn't say that to her face 

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

This BBC coverage is shit IMO. Seen more of the athlete's families on Skype than the events themselves. Its tedious now. Alex Scott is sound but Claire Balding needs to be fucked off, constant awful banter and seems to have zero insight to offer.

BBC lost most the rights to Discovery+. By the looks of it they're now concentrating on a few sports where there are Brits competing and then making the rest a highlights reel 

27 minutes ago, skend04 said:

BBC lost most the rights to Discovery+. By the looks of it they're now concentrating on a few sports where there are Brits competing and then making the rest a highlights reel 

That explains a lot.

They're not doing themselves any favours with it though especially with the chopping and changing of channels.  This morning I was watching the gymnastics but I was doing a few bits and bobs too so paused it three times, and within 5 minutes of unpausing it they moved to another BBC channel so I'd have to turn over and miss loads, and so on. At one point they changed channels literally in the middle of someone's rings routine.

Perhaps that's something to do with their rights also, they can only show so much continuously on a single channel?