2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Barcelona will buy Origi for £40m in January to ensure they don't slip out of contention for a Europa League spot. 

We'll hold out for £45 million.

• Upvote 1

Anthony Taylor masterclass in the Kiev game, apparently tried to send someone off for two yellow cards even though the player only had received one.  VAR then disallows a perfectly good goal for another shitty offside - if it's an English ref then is the VAR English?  That would explain the shit decision.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

They are 5/2 to win at home.

Bayern 19/20

Can't have been many times in last 20 years they were that price to win at home or the visitors odds on.

If i had the money i'd have a massive bet on Bayern at that price.

Saw your post and threw a few quid on Bayern. Thanks.

HAHAHA just saw the goals in the YBs United game at Wankdorf (always good to put United and Wank in the same sentence). What a finish - Young Boys do a Fergie-Time on them!!

Well chuffed.

Bring on ACMilan. lets twat these.

2 hours ago, dandyman said:

Luke De Jong… as in the Luke De jong who couldn’t make it at Newcastle when they had no strikers, looks awfully slow

He's no Miguel Almiron

11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Plastic fucking pitches are now allowed in the CL???

Nah, that’s just fucking wrong on so many levels! 

Our grass is filled with plastic aswell these days.

The pitch is made up of 97% organic grass and 3% artificial grass fibres, over 40,000km of which will be sown into the layers of sand and soil beneath the pitch. Or 25,000 miles.

43 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Our grass is filled with plastic aswell these days.

The pitch is made up of 97% organic grass and 3% artificial grass fibres, over 40,000km of which will be sown into the layers of sand and soil beneath the pitch. Or 25,000 miles.

It has been for years. 

There’s a massive difference between the modern ‘grass’ pitch which is woven with artificial grass and playing on a 6G pitch though. 

Should never be allowed for league football let alone CL football. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

It has been for years. 

There’s a massive difference between the modern ‘grass’ pitch which is woven with artificial grass and playing on a 6G pitch though. 

Should never be allowed for league football let alone CL football. 

I know what you mean. I was just pulling a fast one. Yeh artificial are not for football.

• Upvote 1

Just switched over to ITV 4 and the big match revisited was on , final game is the Bitters v Sheffield Utd,  Everton go 2 up and my lad asks me is that Dai Davies in goal yeah I reply he was known as Dai the Drop because he had a habit of dropping crosses right on Queue a corner is slung in at the Gwladys end and Dai does his usual and Sheffield Utd equalise , they eventually win 3-2 with a sweet effort from Tony Currie .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Served me many a pint, I went mates with her nephew. RIP.

Forgot the link, old barmaid from the Arkles died Theresa Graham 86 worked there up until 2018 was there for 48 years.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We need to sign Bellingham 

It'll be a cold day in hell when we spend around 100m on a midfielder whilst fending off every other big club in the world for his interest.

12 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Why is he running down the side-line celebrating?

You've got three minutes to find an equalizer; you can kiss the badge later.

I know it wasn't your point but given top level football is such a game of fine margins I wonder if any studies have been done on the effects of over celebrating on performance in game.

Imagine it's more of an issue in games that go to extra time but when I see players running around like mad after scoring I often wonder how much energy is burnt up and if it accelerates a player moving into the red zone.