You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

One think Carragher was right about is that Ronaldo scores goals everybody else score either with his head or his foot whereas Messi scores goals you used to score a a kid in which you dribble past four or five people and then slot it in.

And when I say "score as a kid" I'm not including myself as I was/is shite 

And he's spot on.

I remember I was watching an El Clasico on my own one night, and Messi scored this.

I actually stood up off the couch and clapped!

Sounds ridiculous, but it just happened.

Can't remember the greasy one ever doing anything like that in such a big game. Cunt.

• Upvote 2

I can never post clips correctly but the link adds weight to the point Carragher was making about the goals the two of them are able to score.

Perhaps it adds to the ‘greatest’ debate but, for me anyway, there’s no debate to be had. 

Just under ten minutes of fantasy football.

https://youtu.be/jV0PbW8fJKk

I noticed Neville didn’t bring up assists with the goal stats being quite close. Maybe that’s because Messi leads Ronaldo on that front by 300 to 226.

Messi also does stuff that makes you think “how the fuck did he do that?”, whereas Ronaldo is mainly a prolific goal scorer, a really brilliant one admittedly.

55 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

There is a difference between the tackle on Elliott and Richarladson though isn't there.

That being the part of the law on these types of tackle that say does it endanger a player (not does it intend to endanger a player). With Richarlardson that is up for debate and people can have a differing opinion on it, the Elliott one is fact as he dislocated his ankle so he was endangered by the tackle, you can argue it was a "freak accident" but it was a freak accident caused by the tackle.

The pundits dont seem to bother about what the laws say though, and just have their own version of whats allowed, the argument shoud be whether the rules on that type of tackle are correct not if the decision was correct surely

Reckless lunge through the air, out of control, leads to horrific injury - Red card. 

The pundits comparing it to other tackles that do not involve the tackler diving through the air, hoping he wins the ball and his out of control body does not injure the other player, are morons. 

Screenshot_20210914-141615_Gallery.jpg

29 minutes ago, Pidge said:

That's the one.

As near as makes no difference, the same amount of goals scored (Ronaldo has 4 more), but Messi has played 117 games less!

Not to mention Messi has 43 pelanties less too!

Throw all that into the mix, and anyone that thinks the rapey one is the better player or goalscorer doesn't understand numbers or football.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Lario said:

That's the one.

As near as makes no difference, the same amount of goals scored (Ronaldo has 4 more), but Messi has played 117 games less!

Not to mention Messi has 43 pelanties less too!

Throw all that into the mix, and anyone that thinks the rapey one is the better player or goalscorer doesn't understand numbers or football.

It’s also about more than the numbers.

I can appreciate Ronaldo’s commitment to squeezing every last ounce from his career but Messi does things on a football pitch that make the heart sing. 

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

The also missed Messi’s Copa America title and took off one of his CL’s because he only played in the group stages. 

Comparing headers also seemed harsh given Ronaldo is 7 inches (18 cm) taller than Messi. Funny they didn’t mention the header Messi scored against Ronaldo and the mancs in Rome. 

IMO, Messi is the greatest “footballer” to ever play the game and Ronaldo is the greatest “athlete” to ever play the game.