Really hard watching England when you're a red as the standard is so much lower. This must be what it's like to be a villa fan or something.

I don't hate England like I did, as a group of lads they seem alright, it's just a really, really poor standard, a lot of these lads are championship calibre.

I think they've been a bit fatigued and flat footed tonight but on the other hand can't be too critical, scored three and you can only beat the team that's in front of you. 

Wales losing 2-1 away at Holland.

Officials as incompetent as England.

Hungary can’t believe their luck, the cheating diving cunts.

The beauty of it is there’s not a Liverpool player in sight, so the knuckle draggers will have to start blaming someone else.

• Upvote 1

You don’t know what you’re doing… scream the crowd

a glorious reflection of taking Saka off for Maguire in a game that is lost with 5 to go and three down

dreadful from waistcoat man

Hungary, 4 shots, 3 goals. 75% conversion rate. Wish we had that, the league, Champions League , and both domestic cups would be won at a canter every season.

PS Make that 5 shots, 4 goals, 80% conversion rate.

Add the World Cup to those trophies.

What's surprising is that people will be surprised. Southgate has always been a dour, safety first, defensive manager with very little tactical flexibility. He has a squad with a mix of talented and average players, most of whom play in better systems, next to better players for better managers. It's like putting my mum into Lewis Hamilton's car and expecting the same lap times.

• Upvote 1