You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, CrownPaints said:

Australia vs Peru WC playoff online at BBC at the moment. Aussies habe brought on a keeper for the shoot out. Dancing all over his line like a twat.

Caught the very last pen. What a cunt. 

Shane we won’t be seeing that iconic Peru kit in erm ….. Qatar 

I’ll give Redmayne his moment in the sun. He is a journeyman of the A-League and nothing more. Arnold is not known for making tactical changes in any sense, certainly not in the same vein as Postecoglou so I’m really surprised he had the balls to take Ryan off.

I’m certainly in the mindset of club over country when it comes to Football, but because the sport gets such a bad wrap here in the mainstream media (still seen as a ethnic game in many quarters), I’m pretty happy they made it to the WC.

This is probably the least amount of players we have in the top European Leagues for at least two decades so getting a point in the group stage (France, Denmark, Tunisia) will be deemed a success.

Watching Honduras vs Canada in one of these money-spinners and the commentator, who's speaking Russian(?), has just used the phrase "but can he do it on a wet and windy night in Stoke" in English presumably to describe the field conditions, which appear more akin to a rice paddy than a football pitch.

3 hours ago, Jay H said:

I’ll give Redmayne his moment in the sun. He is a journeyman of the A-League and nothing more. Arnold is not known for making tactical changes in any sense, certainly not in the same vein as Postecoglou so I’m really surprised he had the balls to take Ryan off.

I’m certainly in the mindset of club over country when it comes to Football, but because the sport gets such a bad wrap here in the mainstream media (still seen as a ethnic game in many quarters), I’m pretty happy they made it to the WC.

This is probably the least amount of players we have in the top European Leagues for at least two decades so getting a point in the group stage (France, Denmark, Tunisia) will be deemed a success.

Just back from a visit and was surprised how low down , in terms of interest, that game is in Oz. So much so that I saw all footy boot pics, in rebel sports boots displays, featured women players. On a side note I watched the first state of origin game and those players are fit as fuck, no resting for the full 80 minutes.

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Just back from a visit and was surprised how low down , in terms of interest, that game is in Oz. So much so that I saw all footy boot pics, in rebel sports boots displays, featured women players. On a side note I watched the first state of origin game and those players are fit as fuck, no resting for the full 80 minutes.

Yeah thanks to Sam Kerr in particular, the women’s game has increased tenfold in popularity over the last five years or so. Before then it was just the hardcores that followed it. Not only is she a very good player, she also has the marketability aspect due to a great personality, much like Ash Barty did in Tennis.

There is no iconic male figure at this point of time. A far cry from the Kewell, Viduka and Cahill days. As a fan of the game, I don’t even know who some of our first X1 play for, as they are out of sight, out of mind.

Would say Matt Ryan would be the ‘face’ of the team but even his club career is in limbo, can’t get a game at Sociedad.

Agree with Origin, plus the fact a fair few of them back up on the weekend. I don’t hail from NSW or Queensland but it still gets the emotions flowing every year.

9 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Watching Honduras vs Canada in one of these money-spinners and the commentator, who's speaking Russian(?), has just used the phrase "but can he do it on a wet and windy night in Stoke" in English presumably to describe the field conditions, which appear more akin to a rice paddy than a football pitch.

Bet he didn't have the comedic timing of this legend: