It's as if UEFA are actively trolling people with this Conference thing. Luckily get two relatively big-hitters in the final in Roma and Feyenoord and put it in a 20,000 seater stadium in Albania, giving the clubs 4000 tickets each.

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It's as if UEFA are actively trolling people with this Conference thing. Luckily get two relatively big-hitters in the final in Roma and Feyenoord and put it in a 20,000 seater stadium in Albania, giving the clubs 4000 tickets each.

But think of the Europa Conference League family…

I actually don't mind there being 3 European competitions. The teams in it have got excited for the competition and the ones competing for it are never going to win the CL, I'm sure the fans of Roma and Feyenoord will be up for it tonight. They need to change the name of it though. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

Yeah, I think it should be brought back.....

Growing up, all 3 competitions knock out rounds were played on the same days. Then in the 90s, Tuesday was the UEFA Cup, Wednesday the Champions League, and finally Thursday was the Cup Winners' Cup. 

They were all great competitions alright

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I actually don't mind there being 3 European competitions. The teams in it have got excited for the competition and the ones competing for it are never going to win the CL, I'm sure the fans of Roma and Feyenoord will be up for it tonight. They need to change the name of it though. 

Agree, Harry, there has been some real sniffiness about some of the comments about it, but it is a European trophy and has made the season for fans of the likes of Roma, Feyenoord and West Ham.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Seems Chelsea and Spurs going to spend bucket loads this summer

Spurs at least would be able to spend less if they didn't keep paying for Romero every summer!

Compare City's league victory parade and Frankfurt's Europa celebrations? 

One might be a better team winning a bigger trophy, but the difference in what it means to the fans is the complete opposite. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Robbie Savage could possibly be the worst match commentator, in a long list of bad match commentators. So fucking bad.

Truly shocking he really is ,  before Covid hit he had a weekly programme on 5 live every Friday at half 8 in the morning,  every other week his guest would either be ' My mate Scholesy or MO Michael owen ' christ it got tedious I honestly think 5 live used the pandemic to bin it because it's never surfaced again thank god 

18 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Some of Feyenoord's moves in the final third have been beautiful. Just lacking the finish.

Yeah, the one with the backheels and the longshot. 

The left side for Feyenoord has been pretty electric. Malacia and Sinisterra. Electric but raw. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I've no idea what the Europa conference is. That is all.

Neither do I but I don't want Mourinho to win it .

The Conference League has been nice. You get to see hungry teams who have rarely played European football and the fans are excited to be there. Nothing wrong with it. Maybe it seemed dumb and excessive when it started but the result has been good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1