You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Having been ‘welcomed’ a few times by Spanish and Italian police over the years, I would not be inordinately upset to see a couple get a good bouncing.

Although if you lived and/or had a business in the city you wouldn't be inordinately upset to see West Ham and Frankfurt fans that cause trouble get twatted up and down the town by the police.

The city has had United, Leicester and England fans over the last few years climbing the cathedral, smashing up shops, lobbing chairs at women, etc, etc.

The Spanish police are clearly heavy handed with football fans but sadly the they keep getting evidence every couple of years of English football fans being complete and utter twats in the city.

It's a decent city, nice weather, good stuff to see, a million bars. It really isn't difficult to just enjoy yourself there for a day or two without being a massive fucking weapon.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Although if you lived and/or had a business in the city you wouldn't be inordinately upset to see West Ham and Frankfurt fans that cause trouble get twatted up and down the town by the police.

The city has had United, Leicester and England fans over the last few years climbing the cathedral, smashing up shops, lobbing chairs at women, etc, etc.

The Spanish police are clearly heavy handed with football fans but sadly the they keep getting evidence every couple of years of English football fans being complete and utter twats in the city.

It's a decent city, nice weather, good stuff to see, a million bars. It really isn't difficult to just enjoy yourself there for a day or two without being a massive fucking weapon.

You can blame many things on the English, but Rangers fans? 

Yes, fair enough. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The West Ham European adventure became so small time. Pitch Invaders at the London Stadium, Rice biting on social media comments and claiming corruption in front of cameras, Moyes losing it. Bad look for the club. 

European competition - it's not for everybody.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, alles ist gut said:

"Charging people? To go to fucking TIRANA? Are you MAD?"

I’ve walked around the River Streets in Birkenhead at the height of their notoriety. Tirana would be like the Côte d’Azur.

11 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Haha, could be a series in that.

'They have this thing - small portions of food that are served, especially with alcoholic drinks, in bars and restaurant. We'd call them tapas.' 

Probably pitxos where he was in Basque country. I wouldn't mind a trip to San Sebastian this summer actually. A fine spot

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Zero sympathy for them. Somebody beside me at the 2018 derby left before Origi+6. I can’t understand that mindset. 

You normally can't get rid of me at a game.

Arrived home late from the game to a beautiful goose my late mother-in-law once cooked.

"Last person to leave Croke Park", she quipped.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Zero sympathy for them. Somebody beside me at the 2018 derby left before Origi+6. I can’t understand that mindset. 

My mates Dad used to make them leave a few minutes before the end every single game. Kop seats and all. Left before the Collymore goal against Newcastle in 96 "to beat the traffic" and I swear my mate sulked about it for a year until even more inexplicably his dad made them storm out when Newcastle made it 3:3 the following season. To miss one late winner is a bastard but two in them circumstances?! Everyone was taking the piss out of him but I was gutted for the lad. 

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Sorry not sorry.

Fascinating how his mind works. The way he pauses, expecting laughter, hears only silence, which his brain struggles to compute, then he tries to cancel that out by saying sorry again - it's as if there are tiny white-coated office workers running about inside his skull, studying print-outs and faxing responses up to his cerebral cortex.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, s(k)aturation said:

You normally can't get rid of me at a game.

Arrived home late from the game to a beautiful goose my late mother-in-law once cooked.

"Last person to leave Croke Park", she quipped.

Ha! Hope the Dubs got beat that day.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

My mates Dad used to make them leave a few minutes before the end every single game. Kop seats and all. Left before the Collymore goal against Newcastle in 96 "to beat the traffic" and I swear my mate sulked about it for a year until even more inexplicably his dad made them storm out when Newcastle made it 3:3 the following season. To miss one late winner is a bastard but two in them circumstances?! Everyone was taking the piss out of him but I was gutted for the lad. 

Christ! Grim to miss the end of both those classics. No excuse for anyone these days with the number of late winners we’ve scored under Jurgen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Sometimes trains and timings really fuck us over, to be fair. Especially on the aways.

20 minutes ago, m0e said:

Sometimes trains and timings really fuck us over, to be fair. Especially on the aways.

Exactly. People also have lives outside of football; second jobs to go to, kids to pick up, elderly parents to care for, etc.

22 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Gibraltar is ours.

• Upvote 1