Stadium full of Hungary fans all boo England taking the knee despite being warned it will lead to bans. "Booing the knee isn't racist" Yes it fucking is you lying cunts. 

6 hours ago, No2 said:

Lawrenson is before my time but his name is never really mentioned among the greats of the Irish game, probably because he never played in an international tournament. Houghton is definitely up there, probably top of the class in the next bracket. I'll amend my point to say the top 10 irish players are all Irish born and breed.

Roy Keane

Giles

Brady

McGrath 

Heighway 

Ronnie Whelan

Robbie Keane

Damien Duff

Irwin

O'Leary

We have had tonnes that weren't born in Ireland but only because they're parents were forced to emigrate, they are as Irish as the names above. In general the lads we had to go Googling their grannies have been filler uppers and mostly shit.

McGrath and O'Leary were born in England. 

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

McGrath and O'Leary were born in England. 

True. But nobody would claim they fit into the Plastic Paddy category.

5 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

True. But nobody would claim they fit into the Plastic Paddy category.

No, but quite frankly I think terms like Plastic Paddy are offensive to those of us who are part of the Irish diaspora. 

Incidentally, does anyone think that players like Harry Maguire, Declan Rice, Michael Keane, Harry Kane, James Maddison, Jack Grealish, Patrick Bamford and Callum Wilson wouldn't walk into the Ireland team? All were eligible. 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Stadium full of Hungary fans all boo England taking the knee despite being warned it will lead to bans. "Booing the knee isn't racist" Yes it fucking is you lying cunts. 

Makes a difference to England ‘fans’ booing their team & tweeting racist abuse to black players though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, but quite frankly I think terms like Plastic Paddy are offensive to those of us who are part of the Irish diaspora. 

Incidentally, does anyone think that players like Harry Maguire, Declan Rice, Michael Keane, Harry Kane, James Maddison, Jack Grealish, Patrick Bamford and Callum Wilson wouldn't walk into the Ireland team? All were eligible. 

I take your point. My father was born on Merseyside and was no less Irish for it. 

But there are some seriously "manufactured" cases. Tony Cascarino being about the most obvious... 

11 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I take your point. My father was born on Merseyside and was no less Irish for it. 

But there are some seriously "manufactured" cases. Tony Cascarino being about the most obvious... 

St Patrick set the precedent.

• Upvote 1

Just saw the England team. Trent will obviously stick around, until they get a manager who knows what he's doing, but surely Henderson should just fucking bin it? 

15 minutes ago, niallers said:

Just saw the England team. Trent will obviously stick around, until they get a manager who knows what he's doing, but surely Henderson should just fucking bin it? 

Would love to see them both tell Ingerlund to fucking do one.

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

Makes a difference to England ‘fans’ booing their team & tweeting racist abuse to black players though.

They can fuck off and all 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

Mancs get 'special dispensation' for that shithouse to wear the 7 shirt.

Absolute bollocks.

Magnanimous of Cavani. I'd have told him to fuck right off with his CR7 bollocks.  No doubt the commercial behemoth saw pound signs at the amount of merchandise they could shift with the greasy cunt on.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Unfortunately, it’s a lot less likely that a player with even a sniff of an England chance will declare for Ireland these days. 

Aside from the gap in status of the two national sides in footballing terms, money plays a huge part. I don’t think Grealish would have cost Man  City £100m if he’d stuck with Ireland. Similarly, the hugely overrated Rice wouldn’t have a price tag of £60m or more.

These lads have agents from an early age, and no agent in their right mind is going to advise them to go with Ireland post-underage/friendlies as they’re automatically a lot less marketable (and of considerable less value to the agent). 

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Unfortunately, it’s a lot less likely that a player with even a sniff of an England chance will declare for Ireland these days. 

Aside from the gap in status of the two national sides in footballing terms, money plays a huge part. I don’t think Grealish would have cost Man  City £100m if he’d stuck with Ireland. Similarly, the hugely overrated Rice wouldn’t have a price tag of £60m or more.

These lads have agents from an early age, and no agent in their right mind is going to advise them to go with Ireland post-underage/friendlies as they’re automatically a lot less marketable (and of considerable less value to the agent). 

I'm not sure the emotional connection with Ireland is as keenly felt these days, either... 

Just now, Josef Svejk said:

I'm not sure the emotional connection with Ireland is as keenly felt these days, either... 

No, probably not. 

Amazing. Premier League World Club Champions not allowed to wear the FIFA badge but a club allowed to change it's player squad numbers because it's part of a marketing exercise?

We really should have fucked this lot off and pushed ahead with the Euro League.

20 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Magnanimous of Cavani. I'd have told him to fuck right off with his CR7 bollocks.  No doubt the commercial behemoth saw pound signs at the amount of merchandise they could shift with the greasy cunt on.

As always in modern game its all about the money.

Shite.