You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

You’ll still have lazy commentators and fans claim that the Ferguson United teams are better because they “won titles”, but then British people never were capable of putting things into context.

The only way to beat this City side is to get way out in front and break their spirit, as we did in 19/20. Unfortunately, our poor start to the season - being fourth in November is never going to be sufficient in a league featuring City - gave them too much of a cushion.

That period when they built a lead when all the covid stuff was going on with teams being weakened/games called off was when they gained a big and unfair advantage.

We have done incredibly well to pull it back to where we have - but that period has always felt decisive (and wrong) to me.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Usually greatness has been measured by trophies - nobody cares about or remembers runners up.

If you asked people who is the greatest at most sports it will be those who won the most who get the most shouts.

That is true, but it rankles all the same. With that said, I suppose the same is true of our 80s teams - none looked capable of the level of perfection required now. I’d back this current team to win any league in history that doesn’t feature the cheats.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lee909 said:

I said weeks ago the difference come May will be Paul Tierney

Absolutely fucking this, them cheating is bad enough but getting a leg up on several occasions by fucking awful refereeing decisions is what will ultimately cost us if we don’t win the league. Congratulations to the men in black, hopefully city will get you all a medal.

Lasted longer than most people thought they would. So many lucky bloody ricochets on that first goal that kept going in their favour. Infuriating. A bit longer at 0-0 and City might have started getting anxious like in the Palace game. Always looked like a second was on its way after that. Brighton were decent to a point but God they were shit whenever they got past the halfway line. 

Don't think even I can make a case for Watford at the weekend.

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

That is true, but it rankles all the same. With that said, I suppose the same is true of our 80s teams - none looked capable of the level of perfection required now. I’d back this current team to win any league in history that doesn’t feature the cheats.

Oh yeah it rankles.

The level these cheats have put the bar to is laughable now.

It has almost reached stage where any dropped pts are potentially fatal...and that is just a fucking mad amount of stress to be under every week.

When 90 plus and nigh on 100 pts is not enough to win title then it is silly.

And Richarlison equalises in the second minute of injury time. Fuck off Leicester. Fuck off Rogers. You stood there watching your team coming under increasing pressure and did nothing as usual, you fucking egotistical fraud.

• Upvote 1