You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t care about that.

When we lost to Atletico under Benitez, I was as gutted as I was when lost to Atletico under Klopp.

When we lost to Real Madrid in Kiev, I was as gutted as I was when we lost to Sevilla in Basel.

Our expectations are higher these days. We shouldnt be forgetting where we were 6 years ago and how much those Man Utd / Dortmund / Villarreal wins meant / felt.

Do you think I disagree with any of that?

I'd want us to win a 3 legged race.

But teams are in those competitions because they are shite, united will be a prime example of that.

As for the Rafa years, it was at that point I signed out of the auto ticket scheme as we/he  weren't fuckin interested, same with the league Cup.

Doesn't mean I don't take pleasure in winning them.

I see Xavi is complaining about the Eintracht Frankfurt fans having 30,000 tickets and making the game feel like a final with half the stadium divided.

They sell tickets at various outlets across the city and unless it's against Real Madrid you're pretty much guaranteed to get one. The majority of Barcelona fans would have turned their noses up at that game last night and not bothered because it wasn't a big Champions League game.

I went in 2016 against Monchengladbach and loads of tickets were available on the day and the attendance was only 67,000 as Barcelona had qualified already. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think he’d have brought them straight back up next year though. 

Dangerous game, they’re playing. New American owners, leveraged buyout. There may be trouble ahead. 

They should take a quick glance at Charltons history.

30 minutes ago, suzy said:

Blimey that’s a shock, I would have thought at least wait to the end of the season.

In fairness even if they'd been relegated he was probably the best manager to get them back up. The problem is the new owners have leveraged the club with debt and can't afford to be relegated.

Whatever you think about Burnley and the shite footy they play he did really well to have them punching above their weight for as long as he did. They haven't got the players to play like Barcelona in their prime so have to to play an awkward style that makes all the other clubs uncomfortable and hate playing them. 

Yes it must be shit to watch but I bet their fans would rather stay in the PL playing like that than get battered 5-0 every week and end up like Derby County on 16 points. 

Didn't help either that the new owners sold one of his main players - Chris Wood and bought a cheaper replacement who had never played in the PL. 

They have been absolutely shite this season and he deserves the sack. Players weren’t doing the very basics right. I’ve watched them a few times recently and have been gobsmacked just how clueless they’ve been.  

3 hours ago, A Red said:

Seville in May would be pleasant

Lovely place. 

However, from visiting that ground in 2017, I can confirm it is in no way, shape or form fit to hold a European Final. 

Especially if it’s West Ham v Rangers. 

Typical panic...they deserve to go down now...bring in that fat slug allardyce probably and then he fucks off end of season and they are left needed another manager and having to start from scratch in championship

Unlikely i know but how good would it be to see rafa go there and keep them up at the expense of the shite!