You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

42 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

City vs Wycombe. Fuck sake.

But it's not fixed mate. No way would Carabao want city to win 'their' competition repeatedly! No siree bob.

Oh and its a complete co incidence Nuno goes back to Wolves as Spurs manager plus, 4 all PL ties to thin down the PL opposition in the next round.

And people want to win this massive fix?!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If Jones is fit he will definitely play in midfield.

Good shout...forgot about him.

I'd like to see Elliott play still as feel we should give him every minute we realistically can and this sort of game is ideal.

Maybe Elliott goes into front 3 then....

6 hours ago, an tha said:

Good shout...forgot about him.

I'd like to see Elliott play still as feel we should give him every minute we realistically can and this sort of game is ideal.

Maybe Elliott goes into front 3 then....

Our new end of transfer window signing(s) will deffo need a run out too ........

That draw means that over the past 5 seasons (since the start of the 17-18 season) 81.25% of Liverpool's domestic cup ties have been against Premier League opposition. If I had the time or inclination working out the percentage likelihood of that run would probably reveal that the likely coincidence of that is incredibly small, I personally don't think this is a result of the draws being fixed, but I do think it needs to be taken into consideration when everyone states that Liverpool just bin off the domestic cups. 

I also think that run has been quite damaging for squad development, there are a number of players on the fringes of Liverpool's squad (in particular the youngsters) who have been held back due to a lack of opportunities. I'm sure that Alex Inglethorpe must get pretty sick of it, you could imagine that had we pulled out Rochdale at home this year then a few more of the younger players would have been given a go at a full Anfield like the Shrewsbury fixture a couple of years ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Injuries/still being here (Origi and Minamino) permitting i'd go...

Kelleher

Tsimikas

Konate

Gomez

Williams

Oxlade

Milner

Jones

Minamino

Origi

Elliott

That isn't too horrific, will be interesting to see if Gomez is sufficiently fit to play the game I get the impression he is still a bit further off than some of the returning players.

38 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

That draw means that over the past 5 seasons (since the start of the 17-18 season) 81.25% of Liverpool's domestic cup ties have been against Premier League opposition. If I had the time or inclination working out the percentage likelihood of that run would probably reveal that the likely coincidence of that is incredibly small, I personally don't think this is a result of the draws being fixed, but I do think it needs to be taken into consideration when everyone states that Liverpool just bin off the domestic cups. 

I also think that run has been quite damaging for squad development, there are a number of players on the fringes of Liverpool's squad (in particular the youngsters) who have been held back due to a lack of opportunities. I'm sure that Alex Inglethorpe must get pretty sick of it, you could imagine that had we pulled out Rochdale at home this year then a few more of the younger players would have been given a go at a full Anfield like the Shrewsbury fixture a couple of years ago.

Got any stats about City's draws?

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

That isn't too horrific, will be interesting to see if Gomez is sufficiently fit to play the game I get the impression he is still a bit further off than some of the returning players.

I'd be surprised if he does not play in it and worried.

38 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Got any stats about City's draws?

It might level off a bit as they have gone all the way a lot so get PL clubs in semis and finals for example...but if you took it in same rounds as us (early rounds when loads of teams still in) it will be laughable.

Both stats would be at the opposite ends of what is a proper statistical anomaly.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Injuries/still being here (Origi and Minamino) permitting i'd go...

Kelleher

Tsimikas

Konate

Gomez

Williams

Oxlade

Milner

Elliott

Minamino

Origi

Firmino

We shouldn't be changing whole lineups to be successful. There should be careful rotation of 1-3 players per game to keep continuity and form. Thats why we need better quality on the bench.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

We shouldn't be changing whole lineups to be successful. There should be careful rotation of 1-3 players per game to keep continuity and form. Thats why we need better quality on the bench.

Klopp always makes wholesale changes in cups, and there are players who need minutes.

I expect a line up similar to one i posted.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

It's fine to use that as a criticism if other clubs are doing what you're suggesting is best practice and we're the outliers.

Looking at the teams put out by the top 4 last season in the game before the first cup game and then the cup game itself.

Man City - 7 Changes

Chelsea - 8 Changes

Man Utd - 10 Changes

Liverpool - 10 Changes.

It's worth noting that of the 11 players suggested for the game against Norwich all but two are full internationals (either current or past).

3 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

It's been clear since the PL was formed and Sky got in on the act that league fixtures have been manipulated. I keep mentioning it but everton went 9 or 10 consecutive season having their opening game at home while we were always away.

There was the time when Ron Atkinson swapped between Sheffield Wednesday and Villa with a lot going on in the background between the two clubs. Opening day of the season, Villa away at Wednesday. Even he said someone had been tinkering with the fixture computer.

No one noticed how the reigning PL champions, us included, nearly always open with a fixture against a promoted club?

There's this impression that PL fixtures are done on Big Blue or some other super computer. The reality is, they are done by a couple of guys on a laptop. This was covered by one of the national papers some years back. Maybe they've progressed to a gaming laptop or base unit by now?

Does anyone know if independent adjudicators take part in these cup draws similar to what they have on the national lottery? Is the EFL Cup draw done the old fashioned way of pulling balls out of a bag or via a lottery type machine?

I find it really difficult to believe random chance has played a part in city getting so many easy draws especially in the EFL Cup. The PL clubs in Europe entered the draw for this next round of the EFL Cup yet 8 PL clubs were drawn against each other!

Statistically, Id say the chances of all these things happening randomly is highly improbable.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

It's fine to use that as a criticism if other clubs are doing what you're suggesting is best practice and we're the outliers.

Looking at the teams put out by the top 4 last season in the game before the first cup game and then the cup game itself.

Man City - 7 Changes

Chelsea - 8 Changes

Man Utd - 10 Changes

Liverpool - 10 Changes.

It's worth noting that of the 11 players suggested for the game against Norwich all but two are full internationals (either current or past).

Not just the top teams either , West Brom line up last night against Arsenal was ridiculous ( 5 debuts , 2 guys who hadn't played for a year and a few out of the pie queue ) yet apparently we are ruining the cup competitions on our own.

I think the idea of carabo, fixing the odds against liverpool,one of the best supported clubs in the land,a bit flawed tbh.

Also why would they want 1 club to dominate it?Surely it would be more appealing if a different club won it every year.?

I'd say if anything they probslly want bigger games in the early rounds ,so they have more all premiership games early on.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Celtic through. 

I see sir harrieth of don’t give me two charnceth has scored a couple at home. Back to wanking over him I suspect for Spurs fans 

Wanking over him? Is that why he’s a dribble chin?