You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There has only been two times I can remember (so mid 70's) when a team has had the top two scorers in the league -

both time Liverpool. One time we won the league.

He was incredibly naive tactically.

Just that wee bit of the title winning manager realising you need to be able to defend as well as attack.

13 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I give up, hate away

I agree with your points - Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge, Gerrard, Coutinho & Hendo were all brilliant that season.

Rodgers deserves credit for fitting them all into the same side and the incredible football we played.

He came closer than anybody before him. Without the cruelest twist of fate, he’d likely have won the title & been immortalised.

I always found him smug & full of himself. He obviously knows his stuff, especially going forwards, but the same issue have plagued his sides for over 10 years - they can’t defend.

He didn’t half waste a lot of money (are any of his signings still here?). He tied himself in knots between 4-3-3 & 3-4-3 and we were a mess from the moment Sturridge got injured with England. 

As others have mentioned - the Real Madrid & Villa games were complete embarrassments. He also let Carra and Gerrard leave the club.

Rodgers undoubtedly had a Suarez inspired season where virtually everything came off, apart from than that, we severely under performed.

Edit - Firmino is still here but Rodgers didn’t know what to do with him.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I remember the thread on the night. There was only a few of us that were furious about it. Most posters thought it was a spirited display and it was a sensible decision with the Chelsea game coming up shortly afterwards. It only shifted after we got beat by Chelsea and looked like complete dickheads for doing it.

I think your memory is a little off.

25 minutes ago, Code said:

After he got appointed for a job well above his station, he dropped his wife, went with the secretary, bleached his teeth and hit the sunbeds.

Some people don’t like such behavior, he also did this.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/landlord-brendan-rodgers-fined-1000-for-leaving-property-in-state-of-disrepair-31157242.html

Personally I never liked him, I had him sussed just a few weeks into his job, death by football my fuckin arse. 

A0149D05-DE18-4359-83ED-A8F986A862F7.png

You never answered the Henderson question, also what the fuck do you know about his marriage you self righteous prick.

7 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

You never answered the Henderson question, also what the fuck do you know about his marriage you self righteous prick.

All I know is that I know more about his marriage than he knows about defending. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

You know fuck all about his marriage and you’re a massive prick for trying to use it against him. Now fuck off

I could not give a fuck about his marriage, I just think his utter shite at his job, he the worst Liverpool manager in my lifetime to ever have a full season. 

2 minutes ago, Code said:

I could not give a fuck about his marriage, I just think his utter shite at his job, he the worst Liverpool manager in my lifetime to ever have a full season. 

Why bring it up then ? Nice use of “ full season” to try and absolve the budgie. And Rodgers was better than Evans.

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

You know fuck all about his marriage and you’re a massive prick for trying to use it against him. Now fuck off

Remind me what we won under Rodgers again please? Fuck all is the answer, mainly because he’s a serial bottler. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Remind me what his marriage or white teeth have the fuck to do with anything 

Like I have stated already, to me it means fuck all, but others did not like it. 

I just think he is a fuckin abysmal manager. 

40 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

The African Cup final is okay to watch. Its quite open and there's talent all over the field. Glad neither of our lads have been hurt; there was a tackle on Sadio when I thought he might be. 

what fucking game are you watching?

17 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I think your memory is a little off.

Thanks for posting that Stronts. That's pretty much how I remembered it. A lot of positive comments during the game about the performance and many posters being pleased about the way we acquitted ourselves in the aftermath. You can read from page 32 onwards. Obviously, some posters were angry about it, but there was a general feeling that the result showed spirit and we were still capable of qualifying from the group.

Must confess i hoped we threw the champions league game because i never believed there was a 1% chance of winning. So wanted us to go for top4 and if i remember correct the second game went much better then the first but thats probably because rmd didnt really need to do anything 

15 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Wonder if Evertonians will mention anything about them getting a national league side at home in the next round?

They were all whingeing about us getting Norwich.

Them 'Powers That Be' cunts fucking them over again. Always trying to keep them down.