You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chance to cut the gap to 6pts now

Should be 4 if not the refs at Spurs, mind you only ourselves to blame with the Brentford, Brighton, West Ham, Leicester results. Probably should have beat Chelsea and City too. Need to stop conceding silly goals, get a win tomorrow and win the game in hand and its game on

• Upvote 2

Great stuff. Also, I’ve no absolutely no doubts that they’ll drop points again. 

We have to win all our games for the next several weeks, but we’re probably through the worst in terms of Covid and Salah and Mane will hopefully be back sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I honestly think we’ll win a couple of trophies this season but the league won’t be one of them.

Quite possibly but it would sure be interesting if we can go on a run, especially with Mane, Salah, Elliott and hopefully Thiago back in February. 

Our league run until City is…

Palace - A

Leicester - H

Burnley - A

Norwich - H

West Ham - H

Brighton - A

Man Utd - H

Watford - H

Add in Leeds H and Arsenal A as well and although it won’t be easy, we can take maximum points from those games. With the majority at Anfield, got to at least think it’s doable. 

Just a shame City also have a kind run, but then again, I never expected anything from tonight. 

I 100% think it’s still a long shot and we’ve left ourselves an awful lot to do, but there feels a flicker of hope that wasn’t there last week. 

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I know it’s a tall order but if we can win the next 8-10 on the bounce, it’ll certainly be close come us going there.

its the hope that kills you etc i dont see us catching city this season we defenitley dropped off from where we once were

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Quite possibly but it would sure be interesting if we can go on a run, especially with Mane, Salah, Elliott and hopefully Thiago back in February. 

Palace - A

Leicester - H

Burnley - A

Norwich - H

West Ham - H

Brighton - A

Man Utd - H

Watford - H

Add in Leeds H and Arsenal A as well and although it won’t be easy, we can take maximum points from those games. With the majority at Anfield, got to at least think it’s doable. 

Of course it would be brilliant I just think City are far too good a side to collapse because that is pretty much what it would take, that’s without taking into account that we have zero room for error. Just won’t happen imo unfortunately 

We need to go on a long winning streak to have a chance.  We have the potential to do so but we'd need a run run of luck and big/key players to get/stay fit.  If we could go on a 9-10 game winning streak then its very much a possibility but it is a huge if for this team as there's always a leicester/west ham performance in them sadly.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Palace - A

Leicester - H

Burnley - A

Norwich - H

West Ham - H

Brighton - A

Man Utd - H

Watford - H

Just a shame City also have a kind run, but then again, I never expected anything from tonight. 

I 100% think it’s still a long shot and we’ve left ourselves an awful lot to do, but there feels a flicker of hope that wasn’t there last week. 

If we go to the Etihad 6 points behind them then it's all to play for. It's doubtful, but you never know. 

• Upvote 1