6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

All ifs and buts, I know, but how on earth did we lose to Leicester and fall apart at 2-0 v Chelsea? We'd be right up there behind City if we'd gotten the six points. 

Because they both played us like their lives depended on it. We're the team everyone wants to beat. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

All ifs and buts, I know, but how on earth did we lose to Leicester and fall apart at 2-0 v Chelsea? We'd be right up there behind City if we'd gotten the six points. 

For me thw dropped pts at chelsea and tottenham were in a large part down to being weakened....Leicester was simply an abject display - they happen of course even to best sides, but sadly now with the bar at the level the cheats have moved it to they are more or less not 'allowed' now.

United winning 3-0 in a game where they've been second best.

Just shows that at its most elementary level, football is a game of scoring goals, and if you have players that can reliably do that, then you've always got a chance.

Harry Maguire came on and Fernandes didn't give him the arm band and Maguire didn't have the balls to demand it. Sums up that club.

21 minutes ago, J-V said:

Absolute clowns Leicester

Only a team managed by Brendan Rodgers could collapse like that in the dying seconds of overtime.

11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Because they both played us like their lives depended on it. We're the team everyone wants to beat. 

They also actually pushed up the field to attack each other, leaving space in behind (Bergwijn's last goal for example) - whereas, they strung 5-6 across the back against us hoping to hit us on the break. When they weren't time wasting that is.

13 minutes ago, Strontium said:

United winning 3-0 in a game where they've been second best.

Just shows that at its most elementary level, football is a game of scoring goals, and if you have players that can reliably do that, then you've always got a chance.

Professional level punditry.

30 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Cause we were utterly shit in both games 

2 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

So he put Maguire on with five minutes left to demonstrate that he's no longer the captain?

Classy.

Nah he came on in the 71st minute. 

13 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

So he put Maguire on with five minutes left to demonstrate that he's no longer the captain?

Classy.

Either that or he thought Brentford deserved something from the game and he’d give them a fair chance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freddo said:

Spurs in the hunt for second 

No way, man.

Apparently Conte is a big risk, and won't do anything there.

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

Trust Rodgers to lose a game he was winning in the 94th min.

Only just seen the result and the manner of the defeat. Could be the most Rodgers defeat ever.

11 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

Spurs seem to be on a hell of a run since Conte came in. 

Fantastic manager. And I can't believe United didn't go for him, the fucking clowns. 

They really have painted themselves into a corner with the idea that you must be worthy enough to manage them. The best part is that they were warned by Liverpool's history, but they thought themselves too worthy to learn from anyone else. It's all too beautiful.

If Spurs win their games in hand they are only 3 points behind us.

If Arsenal win their games in hand, they go level with Chelsea.

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Spurs play Chelsea next.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Spurs play Chelsea next.

I fully endorse a hard fought kicking match!

Be difficult for Spurs to offer less than they did in the League Cup games.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Spurs got out of jail last night with those 2 goals in 90 seconds turning the game. That's as much on leicester as anything. Conte has improved them but I dont think they're going to be 3 behind us any time soon.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Spurs got out of jail last night with those 2 goals in 90 seconds turning the game. That's as much on leicester as anything. Conte has improved them but I dont think they're going to be 3 behind us any time soon.

They are on a great run in the League. I'd be surprised but I wouldn't discount it.

A quick totalling up says they've taken 21/27 under Conte and are yet to lose a League game. Far tougher tests to come for them, but they are definitely getting better.

Obviously Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge, given how well beaten they were in the 2 League Cup games, will be a huge test of their improvement.

Sydney Charles Pigden is the old guy, he was a pilot in WW2 and a P.E. teacher. Once he said in an interview that he was more proud of Ian playing for England than being chosen to fly over the Buckingham Palace when the war ended, so you can clearly understand the amount of love and respect Ian had for him.
R.I.P Mr. Pigden 22.04.1922 - 27.12.2017!