You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

As I remember (feel free to correct me) Klopp said he couldn't justify spending £50-60m on a player while they were still discussing salary waivers with the current squad. Nothing mentioned about wages. We weren't going to meet his buyout, and certainly not in a structure that would've suited Leipzig. We left him hanging. Once Chelsea entered the equation he's free to ask for whatever he can get.

Yeah, we basically snubbed him. It was all set to be done before Covid and the finances got uncertain. I remember Leipzig's twitter account was even joking about the fact we were going to sign him. Was an open secret.

9 hours ago, Boss said:

He's just non-stop energy. His work rate is like Robertson and Milner (a few years ago). His finishing is shocking though. And when I say shocking, there's no conceivable way it can continue at this rate. It's bad to the point of unfathomable.

Hahaha- 'unbelievable, uncontainable witchcraft from the... wizard sorcerer'.

8 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The brainy football hipsters among us saw Chelsea’s slump coming, whilst the bedwetters said they were "pulling away".

xG giveth, and xG taketh away.

*pats self on back

Ooh look at you giving it the big 'un! 

images.jpeg-30.jpg

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, lebron said:

Nice one! I'll forward this to a couple of the young footballers I'm working with who have all but given up on increasing their speed. Perhaps this will inspire them to give sprint training another go? Have to give kudos to Foden for giving the trainer some exposure.

Given the importance of speed in the modern game, it's kind of strange that one of England's biggest talents working out at one of the most advanced academies in the world needs to go outside of the football bubble to get better. Shows that there's always room for improvement, I guess.

Given the attention to detail we've shown in terms of throw-in coaches etc, it would be a big enough area 

9 hours ago, lebron said:

Nice one! I'll forward this to a couple of the young footballers I'm working with who have all but given up on increasing their speed. Perhaps this will inspire them to give sprint training another go? Have to give kudos to Foden for giving the trainer some exposure.

Given the importance of speed in the modern game, it's kind of strange that one of England's biggest talents working out at one of the most advanced academies in the world needs to go outside of the football bubble to get better. Shows that there's always room for improvement, I guess.

Yeah, definitely. Major come-and-get-me plea to LFC with the references to a few of our own players there. Assume he's a fan himself. 

I remember Carragher saying he worked with a speed coach during one pre-season and saying it really helped. I'm always a bit surprised that more players who are relatively slow don't look to do this , or their clubs implement it. Having said that the clubs do 't even bother to sort out players who can't kick with one of their feet.

I can't understand top footballers needing to hire outside coaches to teach them proper running technique.

You would think after spending hundreds of millions on academies, the clubs themselves would have coaches that can teach players how to perform basic movements.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes but you'd think even the daftest footballer would know not to lean back when you're shooting, wouldnt you?

Problem is we score the difficult ones, a lot of them. It's probably just more about when we miss them rather than how many. No ones arsed if you miss when your 3 goals up its those damn draws when we've spooned gifts.