You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, Kevin D said:

You do have to applaud them, in my view.

Ourselves and Chelsea are 2 of the top 5 teams and they bossed us both on our home patch.

Yeah having an incredible amount of money is a huge advantage, but Pep is a real football manager and we need him to leave; otherwise any success we have can only be sporadic.

I think us and Chelsea have both been a bit shit this season and chucked away a lot of points. City are fucking relentless but, and I know many won't agree with me, I think most of the league is fucking shit. Most of the money clubs have is wasted, and the sides are almost all tactically inept.

But yeah, Pep needs to fuck off.

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There was more outrage over liverpool being one of almost every single club to postpone a game than there was a country who butchered a journalist because they didn't like his opinions buying a football club.

There was more outrage about us asking for one CUP tie to be postpone than any other club asking for and getting multiple LEAGUE games called off.

The journos like fat cunt samuel, steve mcmannaman etc dont care if the PL becomes Bundesliga or Ligue Un mark 2 with one club winning title after title after title at a canter. They just point to us winning titles consistently through the 70s and 80s and, united winning titles consistently through the late 90's to 2010's. Now, they say, it is city's turn and no doubt newcastle in a few years.

First and foremost, these turncoats and purveyors of mistruths know they're on the gravy train too. Start mouthing off about city and neither the tv companies nor their pundits, will get to interview the club's players, get all the behind the scenes access to the club, manager and no doubt not inconsiderable hospitality that city will throw their way.

The twats also forget at the time of our and even united's domination, money a club had was finite. You couldnt just go out and buy £50m players to replace your aging duds never mind just to sit on a bench.

If city had our CB injuries last season, they wouldnt have been looking at a Kabak or Ben Davies on loan, they'd have spent £50m, £60m, £70m on each.

City are in the position to do that because they 'dont have any debt' and are funded by a nation state. Cunt samuel, mcmannaman and humphries will not recognise that fact until it's too late.

If newcastle get it right (and Im certain they will, it's just a question of time) their wealth could blow city out of the water and end their domination. The only problem would be that a new nation state club would be dominant.

And it's funny (except it isnt) that newcastle fans have mysteriously gone AWOL on the question of reining in club spending and 'giving the game back to fans' etc.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

You do have to applaud them, in my view.

Ourselves and Chelsea are 2 of the top 5 teams and they bossed us both on our home patch.

Yeah having an incredible amount of money is a huge advantage, but Pep is a real football manager and we need him to leave; otherwise any success we have can only be sporadic.

This. Any other manger in charge of them and we’d be above these. 

He’s on a different level to everyone now.

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

He's not on a different level to Klopp.  He's a great coach though with the ultimate loaded dice. 

• Upvote 1

I think klopp with his funds would be even better. City get to train every single day with two world class first 11s, training matches are probably harder for their players than most the sides they face in the league. We can barely fill a bench.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

He's not on a different level to Klopp.  He's a great coach though with the ultimate loaded dice. 

Yeah.

It turns out that you don't do more with less. You do less with less. Also turns out that having - 2m net spend is no way to compete at the top of the league with an oil state.

Who knew, eh? 

• Upvote 1

That Pep signs quality players and will always get hit for a tax on the buying price 

You realise he's got limitless funding? He could afford to spunk £100m on Grealish and have the luxury of not being under pressure to have him perform?

12 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I think us and Chelsea have both been a bit shit this season and chucked away a lot of points. City are fucking relentless but, and I know many won't agree with me, I think most of the league is fucking shit. Most of the money clubs have is wasted, and the sides are almost all tactically inept.

But yeah, Pep needs to fuck off.

Dont think we've done too badly, results wise. Performance wise the midfield has collapsed for reasons we all said it would, but I'd call Brentford a it happens, Brighton shit, west ham he was due and Leicester a weird covid induced freak occurrence. We've won a lot of games so far and smacked everyone who came to get it everywhere. It's just not enough.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kevin D said:

Dont think we've done too badly, results wise. Performance wise the midfield has collapsed for reasons we all said it would, but I'd call Brentford a it happens, Brighton shit, west ham he was due and Leicester a weird covid induced freak occurrence. We've won a lot of games so far and smacked everyone who came to get it everywhere. It's just not enough.

I suppose. I think my annoyance is more with Klopp's misplaced, or unwarranted, loyalty rather than any particular games.

We know we can't compete with City's money. However, what the fuck are we doing paying Chamberlain and Keita a quarter of a million quid a week to do nothing? It just feels like we're pretending there isn't an issue and, eventually, it'll lead to a much bigger one than it needed to be. Half the squad will need to be fucked off.

• Upvote 1