You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

11 hours ago, mike23 said:

It sounds like their squad is filled with unprofessional pricks who don't really care how they do as long as they enjoy themselves and get paid. They've turned into us from the 90s. I doubt any footballers carry coins around with them these days but they probably have some equally ridiculous game they play amongst themselves during matches rather than concentrating on the actual football.

Pass the emoji.

13 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Sancho, Rashford, Cavani, Wan Bissaka a d Maguire.

Rashford clearly tries 100 %, his confidence is fucked at the moment. Cavani has been good for them too, but played by Ralf in a stupid position on Sunday. Giraffe lip clearly on the beak again.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Trippier become newcastle's first signing under the Saudi regime.

12m?

They paid 20m for him and he was under contract for another couple years. Seems a strange deal for a club that is still in the CL with a real fight in the league to qualify for next season.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

12m?

They paid 20m for him and he was under contract for another couple years. Seems a strange deal for a club that is still in the CL with a real fight in the league to qualify for next season.

Sure I read they were wanting 25-30m only a couple of weeks back. Seems very strange, especially knowing the money Newcastle now have.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

12m?

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Trippier is 31 , so I can't see 25/30m being realistic for a full back.

I think there's built in performance bonuses such as avoiding relegation, finishing mid table next season etc built in!

27 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m loathe to put too much stock in a new manager’s first couple of months, but if they keep that up until the end of the season and invest in the summer, they’ll be real challengers for second place next year.

I like Conte and think he's a decent bloke. But he stayed, what, 2 seasons at chelsea then threw his toys out the pram when Abramovich wouldnt buy him the players he wanted?

There's a big question mark whether Levy will open the purse as much as Conte would want or, cash in on Kane if city come back and doesnt put all of that money to player purchases.