You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds have got plenty of injuries, and I'm not surprised to see them struggling on the back of their efforts against Chelsea. They're pretty much the ideal opposition for the top 3 teams, as they'll try to play their way no matter the opponent. Good idea in theory, but the top sides are probably just TOO good now for it to work, especially when Leeds lack suitable replacements for their key players.

• Like 1

It will take near perfection to take the title from those cheating football killing cunts. Even the small part of me that is an optimist thinks its damn near impossible theyve essentially 2 first 11s that can win the league, no real drop off. Theyre the kid with the rich parents who buys them a sports car and then brags he's a faster driver than all the kids with puntos and fiat 500s. All their success is hollow as fuck and their fans feel it otherwise they'd actually fill the ground and keep it full till the final whistle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think this City team is beatable in a league season over 38 games. 

Nah, they're beatable. Have already lost twice and we're out to beat them next time we meet barring injuries. Leeds are a bunch of headless chicken running the length of the turf who can neither defend nor score goals.

Just a bit of context here, city aren't beating everyone 7-0 this season are they. They've had quite a few '1 goal in it' games where they've had a bit of luck (see last Saturday anyone). We will have to be brilliant obviously but the achievement will be far greater should we win it with great management as opposed to spend spend spend. 

I'm not saying city won't win the league but I certainly wouldn't be saying that they deifinitely will either at this stage in the season.

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Just a bit of context here, city aren't beating everyone 7-0 this season are they. They've had quite a few '1 goal in it' games where they've had a bit of luck (see last Saturday anyone). We will have to be brilliant obviously but the achievement will be far greater should we win it with great management as opposed to spend spend spend. 

I'm not saying city won't win the league but I certainly wouldn't be saying that they deifinitely will either at this stage in the season.

Agreed , still plenty of games to go and whilst they are more than capable of scoring a shedfull they do slip in the odd 1 goal loss. Clearly though we cant afford to lower our standards.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Yeah, people need to calm down, whenever they win easily they become the best team to have existed. We're doing alright ourselves.

People were saying the same shit about Chelsea 2 weeks ago.

It's as if they've never watched a football season before.

I saw a promo for a local streaming service about the HUGE game Thursday morning...and realised it was referring to Arsenal v West Ham! 

I had a chuckle, then checked the table to see where the respective teams were. As it turns out, Arsenal can be in the top 4 with a win. When the fuck did that happen??

European clubs have threatened to block their players playing at the Africa Cup of Nations over a lack of measures in place to stop them catching coronavirus there.

In a letter to Fifa seen by Telegraph Sport, the European Club Association said it was not satisfied organisers would implement strict protocols to prevent the spread of the disease at next month’s tournament.

The ECA also said players would not be released for the January 9 to February 6 competition until after their clubs’ final matches before the tournament began, which would mean Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane being available for Liverpool’s crunch January 2 Premier League game at Chelsea.

The letter was sent on Friday, a week after an ECA board meeting at which it was agreed players would only be released for the tournament in Cameroon if the above two principles were adhered to, along with a third that players would not miss club matches upon their return as a result of quarantine rules.

Advertisement

The Covid-19 crisis has deepened since that December 2 meeting thanks to the rapid spread of the omicron variant of the disease.

The letter read: “As you know, the pandemic and its associated implications raised three fundamental concerns for clubs when it comes to the release of players to national teams: first and foremost, the clubs’ duty to ensure each and every player’s wellbeing is properly protected; second, that clubs are not forced to be without players for club competition matches; third, that all players resume their activities with their clubs following national duty in a timely fashion, as per the applicable rules.”

It added: “Please note that, at its meeting of 2 December 2021, the ECA executive board unanimously reconfirmed its position that the three principles referred to above must be strictly respected and, should this not be the case, that players not be released for national team duty.

“At present, these three principles are at risk of not being respected in connection with the upcoming January releases.

Advertisement

“With regards to applicable protocols, as far as we are aware, CAF has not yet made available a suitable medical and operational protocol for the AFCON tournament, in the absence of which clubs will not be able to release players for the tournament.

“For certain clubs expected to release players, including English and French clubs, domestic competition matches are due to take place up until early January and hence the overlap of the 2022 AFCON release dates (with call ups from 27th December) are unmanageable.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/12/15/european-clubs-threaten-block-players-africa-cup-nations-covid/

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, A_S said:

I saw a promo for a local streaming service about the HUGE game Thursday morning...and realised it was referring to Arsenal v West Ham! 

I had a chuckle, then checked the table to see where the respective teams were. As it turns out, Arsenal can be in the top 4 with a win. When the fuck did that happen??

Arsenal were in that position a few weeks ago and then totally against character they shit the bed against Utd and Everton.

I expect much the same against West Ham.