You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers is shocking in European competition. Has not improved one bit since his Liverpool days. He constantly fails in Europe and is just clueless about facing non-British teams. For me, his stupidity in European matches was the end for him at Liverpool. I wanted him sacked the night he sent out the B team to play Real Madrid in a game we needed to win. What a plank this guy is.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

Rodgers is shocking in European competition. Has not improved one bit since his Liverpool days. He constantly fails in Europe and is just clueless about facing non-British teams. For me, his stupidity in European matches was the end for him at Liverpool. I wanted him sacked the night he sent out the B team to play Real Madrid in a game we needed to win. What a plank this guy is.

I wanted him gone after that, I went to the match and thought it was a wind up when the team was announced.

He’s an absolute fraud.

32 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

This is like the second hurdle.

Yep, Brendan's learning from his mistakes and getting bitter disappointment with over before Christmas rather than waiting for April and May. 

Really though, he should be doing a lot better with that squad. 

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Yep, Brendan's learning from his mistakes and getting bitter disappointment with over before Christmas rather than waiting for April and May. 

Really though, he should be doing a lot better with that squad. 

It isn't as good a squad as Napoli's, to be fair. No excuse for the results against Spartak Moscow and Legia though. 

Did you see his post match stuff? Just lobbed the squad under the bus for being naive. 

Er... 

I now look at all relegation results from the point of view of Newcastle. That is a bad result for them,  Watford are going down anyway so any points they or Norwich pick up are just wasted points. Brentford up to 20 points, another 14 is all they need and they should be able to get them.

7 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Top top uber scouser Tony Evans at it again. All he ever writes about is Scotty Road, Hillsborough and being a scouser. 

He's simply wrong. Yes, there were parts of the city heavily populated by irish Catholics (the Liverpool Scotland constituency for many years returned an Irish Nationalist MP) but there were also very strong Protestant sentiments aroused, exploited politically by the Tories so that they had many MPs in the city. I grew up in the Walton constituency, now I believe one of the safest Labour seats in the country, but until 1964 it returned a Tory, who just happened to be a prominent member of the Orange Lodge.