You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

39 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Bizarre how Brighton could play so well against us last week yet not manage a home win against newcastle. I guess we're one of Brighton's cup finals.

The way it is and should be for Liverpool, we're one of everybody's cup finals. We just have to do better to win them and ruin their big day out.

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Him and the Solanke kid almost averaging a goal a game with Bournemouth this season. 

Always thought bottom half of the PL/top half if the championship would be Solanke's level.

Said it before on here, he'll have a career very similar to someone like Cameron Jerome....he'll score a decent amount in the 2nd tier, be up and down between top tier and 2nd and struggle for goals when up.

Apparently the decision to sack Farke was made in the week but they wanted to reach the international break so didn’t tell him until after the game. That’s fair enough - I can understand that.

The twat part was that after the game they sent him out to do his media duties and told him afterwards.

Norwich’s sporting director, Stuart Webber, said the decision “was not an easy one … I know how determined Daniel and his staff were to succeed at this level, but we feel that now is the right time for a change to give ourselves the best opportunity of retaining our Premier League status.

“All at Norwich City should be forever grateful to Daniel and his staff for the significant role they have played in our journey. They helped deliver two titles, many memorable moments and they all fully bought into our philosophy and what it means to be part of this football club.”

The decision comes just over a week after Webber told the Guardian it would be “incredibly unfair” to question Farke. “We can’t be setting targets of ‘someone’s got a game left, two games left, 10 games left, a season left, two seasons left’,” he said. “We’re fully committed to Daniel, that’s why we gave him a four-year contract in the summer. The work he’s done at this club has been beyond incredible.”

Is this the same Stuart Webber that was here as a scout a few years ago?

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Always thought bottom half of the PL/top half if the championship would be Solanke's level.

That "level" thing has always confused me.

If you can score goals for a team in the bottom half of the Premier League, I don't get why you can't score goals for a team in the top half of the Premier League.

You're still playing against the same other 19 teams.

Shouldn't it be "easier" to score in a better team?

Unless it's simply about lack of playing opportunities.

Wouldn't Solanke theoretically be better in a better team?

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Apparently the decision to sack Farke was made in the week but they wanted to reach the international break so didn’t tell him until after the game. That’s fair enough - I can understand that.

The twat part was that after the game they sent him out to do his media duties and told him afterwards.

That was the sad bit - his happy little face in his interviews!