You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, littletedwest said:

Gotta disagree mate, young manager who worked with one of the best in the game or an old failure?

He wasn't a young manager. He was a young assistant. 

Anyway, I give in. 

Arteta has to be the second worst managerial appointment by a top club, ever. Including all but one of them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Seeing that arl fella with tears in his eyes at seeing his club in the top flight since 1947 makes football what it is.

Imagine that old fella you highlighted there telling the younger generation what the world was like when the team they all love was last in this position? It would have you fucking buzzing once the realization of what they were seeing dawned upon them.

I was just thinking about the shit coming Arsenal's way from this result, but they copped a newly-promoted team that's been out of the top flight for generations. On top of that is playing away in front of fans that barely got to see their team's successful season last time around. Not a good combination for a team badly struggling for its own identity at the moment.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Can you imagine thinking “people need to see more of this shit” when you’re shown how you react watching the match?

Robbie Lyle was accused by Ray Parlour of wanting Arsenal to lose, which I'm certain is complete bollocks from a company yes-man. On the other hand, I'm also certain Robbie is exploiting some seriously vulnerable people. I'm sure Redmen TV (for example) would have no problem finding Liverpool fans eager to make a show of themselves for a global audience for free, but they choose not to because Paul Machin has a conscience.

• Upvote 1