You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

All-time Nottingham Forest XI

Shilton

Anderson Walker Burns Pearce

O’Neill Keane McGovern Robertson 

Sheringham Collymore 

Best home kit and best away kit:

74225001-7E95-4F94-A942-73F561768F15.jpeg

BA6C407F-E27E-449E-A3E2-52978640A876.jpeg

Francis and Gemmill have to included there Tone. 

On reflection, you can probably tinker with these teams too much. I probably should have just gone with what I had to begin with, which was Storey-Moore and Francis up front. Sheringham was a fantastic player, in my opinion, but he was only at Forest for a season. Collymore was prolific for Forest, albeit one of those seasons was in the second tier. Again, he was a Forest player for a relatively short period of time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yes, as I said, it was probably a mistake to leave Francis out. Gemmill  - the scorer of my favourite World Cup goal. Who would you leave out for him, though, mate?

I'd probably drop Keane for him as Gemell was there for the Title and European cup winning team mate, while Keane though a good player for them was only really starting his career then. 

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

I'd probably drop Keane for him as Gemell was there for the Title and European cup winning team mate, while Keane though a good player for them was only really starting his career then. 

Difficult one, for me. Yes, Keane was young and raw in those days, but he was a very good player even then. He played 150-odd games for Forest, whereas, when I think of Archie Gemmill, I mostly think of Derby County. 

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Can't get onboard with that home kit being best for Nottingham Forest.

This is more like it:

nottingham-forest-home-football-shirt-19

If I had to choose a kit from that era, I’d go with the earlier, plain Adidas one. However, the early 90s Umbro pinstripe shirt looks classier, in my opinion. The Adidas ones look a bit cheap, which is unusual, as I’m usually a fan of Adidas kits from that era.

2 minutes ago, aws said:

Can't help thinking Larry Lloyd a bit unlucky to miss out. His partnership with Burns was the foundation of their success under Clough. Walker was a better player though. 

Yes, I picked Walker purely because he was the better player. He was immense for Forest during his first spell at the club.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Has a team ever won its first three games then lost the next three?

Hahahaha. Sorry, Spurs, Everton did it FIRST!

From BBC live text page

NEW

Post update

FT: Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham only the second team in Premier League history to win their first three games of a season and then lose the next three after Everton in 1993-94, who went on to finish 17th.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

If I had to choose a kit from that era, I’d go with the earlier, plain Adidas one. However, the early 90s Umbro pinstripe shirt looks classier, in my opinion. The Adidas ones look a bit cheap, which is unusual, as I’m usually a fan of Adidas kits from that era.

I nearly went with the plain adidas.

The yellowvaway one they had with blue pinstripes was boss.

I hate to say it but i was watching The Big Match Revisited earlier - it is on itv every day and is great if not aware of it...loads of games from 70's and 80's...Forest were playing Man Utd from 1980 and Man Utd had a white adidas away kit that was superb (as i say i hate saying it but it really was...

PLhBLcmHmQnE6Em.jpg

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

I nearly went with the plain adidas.

The yellowvaway one they had with blue pinstripes was boss.

I hate to say it but i was watching The Big Match Revisited earlier - it is on itv every day and is great if not aware of it...loads of games from 70's and 80's...Forest were playing Man Utd from 1980 and Man Utd had a white adidas away kit that was superb (as i say i hate saying it but it really was...

PLhBLcmHmQnE6Em.jpg

It’s a good one, that, Manchester United have had some excellent kits - Admiral home and away, a couple of early Adidas blue third kits.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Watching the analysis on Sky and Tony Adams is on, not seen him before as a pundit. Anyway it got us to talking about English centre halfs, I reckon there aren’t many I would have over Adams. Ledley King sat next to him was no slouch but he had no knees. 

King was a good player but he is overrated by Tottenham fans, in my opinion. Adams was excellent but there are a few who were better than him. 

1 hour ago, Chocoholic said:

Hahahaha. Sorry, Spurs, Everton did it FIRST!

From BBC live text page

NEW

Post update

FT: Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham only the second team in Premier League history to win their first three games of a season and then lose the next three after Everton in 1993-94, who went on to finish 17th.

Saved on the final day by Super Hans...