You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

12 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Unfortunately, their uninspiring grind to semi-finals and finals in his last two tournaments have earned him a lot of credit, despite him patently having no plan B. He's barely got a plan fucking A.

I don't know how people can't see this; both games are virtually the same. An early lead, failure to get a 2nd - and then the opposition get into the game, England retreat to their own half - and can't get anybody on the ball...

Southgate just stands there looking confused, unable to do anything.....England eventually lose.

20 minutes ago, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

I don't know how people can't see this; both games are virtually the same. An early lead, failure to get a 2nd - and then the opposition get into the game, England retreat to their own half - and can't get anybody on the ball...

Southgate just stands there looking confused, unable to do anything.....England eventually lose.

Looks good in a waist coat though.

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Carra,trent,Liverpool players and scousers in general getting a hammering on the BBC on mcnultys piece about England 

I assume you mean the above are getting hammered in the comments section rather than the actual article?

Hardly surprising, you'll find Liverpool and scousers getting battered in most football comments whether the story is about us or not.

• Upvote 1

Admittedly, I've not watched a fair few of the games, but the man just baffles me. He seems to regard playing three at the back as a tactical genius thing to do, even though none of his defenders look that good playing there, and even though it leaves Trent, arguably his best player, on the naughty step for not revelling there. In the Euros final, against an Italian team that - as was even more painfully clear afterwards - was so old and tired it was about to fall apart, he cut the pace down to one that snails would have found too pedestrian and allowed the slowest and oldest Italian defenders to camp in the England half, so confident were they of not being left stranded by speed. And his reaction to racist booing was to say he probably wouldn't be using black players in shoot-outs because of it. He's the wettest, dullest, dimmest, most-over-promoted poltroon I've seen in the game.

Thing is you can't polish a turd, It's a championship level squad augmented by maybe six or seven 'decent' players, no truly world class ones at all.

I don't even know who half of them are these days and half of them sound like characters from Dick Tracey. 'Henderson is coming off for Jimmy Smidgen, he's had a good season at Forest. Oh and on comes Mason Montana Mayfield from West Ham, a few stand out performances in the under 19s for him. 

The fact people mentioned Kane in the same breath as Lineker and Shearer is laughable, there's nobody in the middle of the park in Ince or Gazza's calibre. And as for Pickford, Jesus Christ - may as well put Patrick Swayze from Ghost in goal. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The fact people mentioned Kane in the same breath as Lineker and Shearer is laughable, there's nobody in the middle of the park in Ince or Gazza's calibre. And as for Pickford, Jesus Christ - may as well put Patrick Swayze from Ghost in goal. 

Given that Swayze is dead.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I assume you mean the above are getting hammered in the comments section rather than the actual article?

Hardly surprising, you'll find Liverpool and scousers getting battered in most football comments whether the story is about us or not.

Yep sorry.

They don't seem best pleased about not singing god save the queen.

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Yep sorry.

They don't seem best pleased about not singing god save the queen.

Sing God Save the Queen  but then boo the players and manager and subject them to racist abuse if they miss penalties. Who wouldn't want to be associated with these chaps? 

I don’t understand the plaudits tbh for Southgate before they’ve had a drop in performance, they played every single game at Wembley last year and still fucked it.

He’s a fraud, another yes man….

Its utter madness they look so flat and clueless with the amount of talent at their disposal.