You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not going to slag it off. 

I know it's not ideal but I do get excited when we go on a UEFA Cup run. Hopefully it doesnt happen but If we do ever find ourselves mixing it with the peasants in the Conference league one day then I'll want us to go for it and win the thing without being too snobby about it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It’s well down the scale in terms of achievement, but it says a lot about Mourinho that he can even lead perma-bums Roma to some species of a European title. 

Yeah give him his due he pretty much always gets some sort of silverware. Spurs was obviously a step too far but that’s just Spurs 

• Upvote 1

It is an absolute joke of competition.

But that of course is uefa's fault not the clubs.

UEFA have backed themselves into a corner with how the European Cup is structured and then how teams qualify for that and the UEFA Cup....leaving qualification for this Conference lark the joke it is.

They won't of course fix any of it, oh and another thing they should stop the dropping down for the European Cup group stage failures into the UEFA Cup and from UEFA Cup to this lark - it rewards failure and devalues the comps they drop into - and gives clubs an arguably easier route back into the bigger one the following year, doubly rewarding failure.

Just wrong IMO.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

They won't of course fix any of it, oh and another thing they should stop the dropping down for the European Cup group stage failures into the UEFA Cup and from UEFA Cup to this lark - it rewards failure and devalues the comps they drop into - and gives clubs an arguably easier route back into the bigger one the following year, doubly rewarding failure.

Totally agree. It's a safety net to make the big clubs a few quid. Fucking joke. If you fail in a competition you shouldn't be given a free pass to likely fail again in another.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah give him his due he pretty much always gets some sort of silverware. Spurs was obviously a step too far but that’s just Spurs 

He got them to a Final to be fair and they fucked him off in the week leading to said Final.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

Totally agree. It's a safety net to make the big clubs a few quid. Fucking joke. If you fail in a competition you shouldn't be given a free pass to likely fail again in another.

Yeah and a free easier hit at making it back into the thing you have failed in.

5 minutes ago, J-V said:

He got them to a Final to be fair and they fucked him off in the week leading to said Final.

Yeah that was mad, wasn't there a clause in his contract saying he would get a higher pay off if they sacked him after winning a trophy? 

They thought fuck it, might as well bin him off now instead of in a few months. Cunt move, funny though because it's Mourinho. 

Have to respect the likes of Abraham moving abroad. Too many English players never venture beyond these shores, and end up settling for money over ambition at mid-table PL clubs.

Thought it was a bold move for Abraham, and it's working out for him. Smalling's done well too, and Tomori should be starting for England. Fair play to them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Have to respect the likes of Abraham moving abroad. Too many English players never venture beyond these shores, and end up settling for money over ambition at mid-table PL clubs.

Thought it was a bold move for Abraham, and it's working out for him. Smalling's done well too, and Tomori should be starting for England. Fair play to them.

He’s a decent footballer too Tammy. One of a handful of strikers who was able to force Van Dijk shift out of first gear.

17 hours ago, aRdja said:

He’s a decent footballer too Tammy. One of a handful of strikers who was able to force Van Dijk shift out of first gear.

Good player, a proper a centre forward to use your language. He's a lot better than I gave him credit for when he was at Chelsea. I'd be curious to see if Southgate picks him for the World Cup squad.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

As well as Kamara from Marseille and Coutinho. 

What's Gerrard going to blame for his failure there? 

Think Kamara will be a good signing, when he was at Rangers he seemed to by lots of players and play the percentages on which ones would work, going to be expensive at PL level.

18 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I think that’s more because he has absolutely no interest in football, no?

Hmmmm, not for me. I think he looked at exciting football other teams where playing and the atmosphere at Anfield and though wtf did I buy here with these plastic flag slaggggs.

Oh, and what would the everton board do.