You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Fair enough.

Club football wise, is he really gonna look back and be happy with winning that league over and over?

Waste of talent.

No. He should come here for 250k a week, become a legend win a load of stuff and all that. 

I dont understand the 'hate' M'Bappe is getting. 

If the numbers are accurate and he is getting a million a week and 100 million signing on fee, of course he is going to sign. I doubt there is player in world football that isnt signing that. 

Then when you consider he is a Paris lad its even more obvious.

56 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Fair enough.

Club football wise, is he really gonna look back and be happy with winning that league over and over?

Waste of talent.

Mboppe when he's 60 thinking about all the trophies he could have won. 

crying-money.gif

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Mboppe when he's 60 thinking about all the trophies he could have won. 

crying-money.gif

He's going to win the league every season he's there, and he'll be on a free at 26.

He's also already won the World Cup and played a starring role.

39 minutes ago, John102 said:

If the numbers are accurate and he is getting a million a week and 100 million signing on fee, of course he is going to sign. I doubt there is player in world football that isnt signing that. 

Dont think people really hate Mbappe its mostly the game.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Dont think people really hate Mbappe its mostly the game.

I think he's a cunt.  He's a very talented cunt but a cunt nethertheless.  Thos so called demands smack of an arrogant, egotistical, self absrobed twat.  Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club no matter how good a player he is (when he really puts his mind to it)  He fits right in at the individualistic crap at PSG, give me a player who'll work his bollocks off for his teammates any day of the week.

1 hour ago, John102 said:

The alternative isn't working on minimum wage though is it? 

It's getting paid £400k pw at Real Madrid or £300k pw here. What fucking difference does it make once you have tens of millions in the bank? 

He's wasting his career playing in a pub league. 

It's all relative, I'm sitting here wondering if I can afford a sage Barista espresso machine, he's probably sitting there wondering if he can afford this...

1399%2019-09-12%20-%20Credit:%20Winch%20

Footballers will likely have 50+ years of living to do after they've stopped playing and the way these guys spend money I don't blame them for milking it for all it's worth.  It's a job after all. 

13 minutes ago, fungus said:

It's all relative, I'm sitting here wondering if I can afford a sage Barista espresso machine, he's probably sitting there wondering if he can afford this...

1399%2019-09-12%20-%20Credit:%20Winch%20

Footballers will likely have 50+ years of living to do after they've stopped playing and the way these guys spend money I don't blame them for milking it for all it's worth.  It's a job after all. 

Answer is yes he can afford that boat, and no you can’t afford that coffee thing, don’t be so decadent 

43 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

He contributed as much to it as Guivarch & Dugarry did in 98.  He was crap in the world cup and imo has been pretty average since then in the bigger games I've watched against reasonable opposition. 

Ok mate 

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Fair enough.

Waste of talent.

It's not exactly viewed like that with him because he's from Paris. It's quote unquote his "local club". He also only signed a 3 year deal, he still has plenty of time to go elsewhere if he wants.

But it is true that this contract and the terms around it seem pretty grotesque. Even if he's from Paris and there's the angle that he decided to stay at a club he loves, it's starting to look like players are luxury prisoners at PSG. Basically if they want to keep you, they will throw the kitchen sink and give you the godfather offer that is impossible to refuse. You can't reasonably leave.

2 hours ago, George Costanza said:

He contributed as much to it as Guivarch & Dugarry did in 98.  He was crap in the world cup and imo has been pretty average since then in the bigger games I've watched against reasonable opposition. 

This is nonsense.

I don’t think anyone hates M’bappe. But it’s the damage it does to the game. If this drags wages upwards then ultimately most clubs will face being also-rans next to the superclubs. Clubs like Liverpool, who eat what they catch, but who have still remained competitive because of clever recruitment, will find that immeasurably more difficult to sustain. I just hope we win today and next week so that we get to experience an ultimate high before it all goes to shit.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the bigger issue isn't M'Bappe saying yes to €150m signing on fee, it's PSG being allowed to offer that and nothing being done about it. They are, as a club, not making anything like the money they are splashing out yet Uefa have given the owners a seat on their board. It's a joke. But at least they'll always find a way of not winning the UCL.