You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I did.

Ah soz, United. Wow, that’s huge. Is it because you go for Celtics also? Rangers I always found a bit interesting, had some good players when I was growing up; Brian Laudrup, Gazza, Albertz, GvB.

24 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

That sounds a bit Evertonian.

I was joking mate. 

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Ah soz, United. Wow, that’s huge. Is it because you go for Celtics also? Rangers I always found a bit interesting, had some good players when I was growing up; Brian Laudrup, Gazza, Albertz, GvB.

“Celtics” 

Boston Celtics are flying. What a season all round 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

All the people on here moaning about it being shit, that's because European Football is stitched up so the 10 or so richest clubs in the four or five big countries get to keep all the money.

Laughing at those teams tonight is like laughing at two homeless people who have won a meal in a fancy restaurant. We should be thanking them for getting there & spreading the wealth about a bit.

Not to mention that wonderful players at our club in the past have sweated blood to win this particular trophy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I find German supporters a bit shit. Its choreographed and led by loud hailers, the fans all wear the same gear, tonight white shirts, hats and plastic flags. The repetitive 2 line chants follow each other consistently with one section following the other. 

The result can look good visually and it means there is a constant noise from them which will always drown out the way British fans and I include us, Rangers and Celtic, support their teams. If we go to Helsinki it will happen there and all non Liverpool fans will be talking about how they out sang us. 

The thing is, its too well organised, there are no songs just continual boring, albeit loud, noise. No spontaneity or individualism just an efficient fan performance. All very German.

• Upvote 6

Haven’t seen or heard any reports of trouble in Seville last night which is great news. 

Terrible quality game - almost as bad as us and Spurs in 2019 - but still enthralling. I didn’t really mind who won as I like Germany, and the fume over here from the always annoying Irish Celtic fans would have been enjoyable had Rangers won, but all in all I think I was happier with Frankfurt winning in the end. 

The Conference final line up sounds far more august than its elder brother, with Roma v Feyenoord.

Losing last night was obviously disappointing for Rangers fans but probably worse news for their board with the CL riches disappearing within the timespan of a penalty save.

Or it's not funny because it's true. One or the other.

I know insiders who work with him are probably the last to notice, or accept, how awful and biased his commentary is these days, but surely even they have noticed by now. He's like a punctured balloon whenever we score, abolutely gutted.

18 hours ago, Mook said:

All the people on here moaning about it being shit, that's because European Football is stitched up so the 10 or so richest clubs in the four or five big countries get to keep all the money.

Laughing at those teams tonight is like laughing at two homeless people who have won a meal in a fancy restaurant. We should be thanking them for getting there & spreading the wealth about a bit.

Spot on.

• Upvote 1