You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Agreed, it would just be asking for trouble - from goalkeeper to forwards, the risk is wholly unnecessary.

Be nice to keep it to 3 points though. Klopp will know what to do after they play West Ham.

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Be nice to keep it to 3 points though. Klopp will know what to do after they play West Ham.

Maybe, but I don’t think it’s worth jeopardising the CL to maintain a small gap in a competition that is lost. Of course, it’s not mathematically over, but we’d need West Ham to beat them by at least 4 to have a realistic chance, I think. Then we could aim to beat Southampton by 6 or 7. They’ll definitely gain on us on the final day, so we would need to be out in front.

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

We need West Ham to beat them by at least 4 to have a realistic chance, I think. Then we can aim to beat Southampton by 6 or 7. They’ll definitely gain on us on the final day, so we would need to be out in front.

That's obviously not going to happen mate, forget about making ground on GD. All we can conceivably hope for is for West Ham to win by any score, or at least get a point and then us beating Southampton. Keep them honest up to the final game and hope for a miracle when they play Villa. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

We need West Ham to beat them by at least 4 to have a realistic chance, I think. Then we can aim to beat Southampton by 6 or 7. They’ll definitely gain on us on the final day, so we would need to be out in front.

Maybe Gerrard will do us a favour while they're in the tunnel and knee all of their players in the thigh to give them dead legs. 

Worth taking a tactical yellow card I reckon. 

I’m moving towards the concentrate on the Champions League now. 

The possible routes to us winning the league are looking increasingly unrealistic. Madrid have been getting themselves geared for Paris for a week or more now. It’ll be a bit of anticlimax to finish the season with 1 or 2 domestic cups (although a trophy is a trophy) and we should do everything we can now to enhance our chances of winning the Champions League, which are much greater than our chances of winning the league. 

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

That's obviously not going to happen mate, forget about making ground on GD. All we can conceivably hope for is for West Ham to win by any score, or at least get a point and then us beating Southampton. Keep them honest up to the final game and hope for a miracle when they play Villa. 

Oh I know, it’s an absurdity to entertain the idea in reality. So unless the fantasy of West Ham steamrollering them somehow becomes reality, I don’t think it’s worth risking a good shot at the CL by going strong in the remaining league games for the vanishingly remote chance that Villa take something at the Wowcher.

• Upvote 1

West Ham beat Man City 2-1 at the weekend, we beat Southampton 6-0 next Tuesday and it is exactly level going into the last day. 

I don't think West Ham will beat the cunts but if they did I wouldn't be at all surprised if we scored a hatful against Southampton 

I wouldn't question City about these results - the drugs obviously work - but I would ask about the commitment and mind set of their opponents. I despise City and the corrupt methods by which they have elevated themselves in English football but I have a deeper reservoir of hate for those who don't at least try against them on the pitch. 

It ain't over yet but I'm not expecting much from West Ham or Villa either. Yet it has been a stupendous season from our lads and their belief should make us all maintain hope for the last two league games. Come on, Moysie! Get in there, Steven! - and other similarly obstinate but desperation fed slogans.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

The only solace is knowing that Klopp extended his contract.

He seems ready for the challenge.

It will be interesting to see what he does to meet it.

It would feel more of an anticlimax or a missed opportunity if we only had Klopp for another 2 years but luckily we have him for another 4 and we can have a few more cracks at it.

Bu the time he leaves the club will be in great shape for the future too.

• Upvote 1

Some managers might see City, and Newcastle on the horizon, and say "fuck it, I'm going back to Germany, where at least the competition isn't financially doping".

Or to PSG, where they'd be the one with the needle.

Or Real or Barcelona where the playing field would at least be relatively level.

He's decided he wants to face what has to be the most difficult challenge in football management.

Says a lot about him, and about LFC, I suppose.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Jesus absolutely draining go against me those cunts, 18/19 and now this. Insanity.

I sometimes wonder about the broadcasters, because they must be looking for some degree of jeopardy and they are getting very little a lot of the time, I find it interesting how often City aren't on TV on a weekend (or aren'tin the prime slots), it's like they know there's not a huge amount of point putting them on because everyone knows the financially doped outcome before it even occurs.

12 hours ago, Strontium said:

If Wolves win tonight I'll get Steve Bull's face tattooed on my arse.

I wonder what betting odds I'd get on Steve Bull appearing on someone's face in the next seven days?

6 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

He's decided he wants to face what has to be the most difficult challenge in football management.

Says a lot about him, and about LFC, I suppose.

He's in a European Cup Final, an FA Cup final and has a very remote chance of winning the league still. All this after being battered with injuries/Covid during a crucial few weeks of the season over Christmas. Despite the big hollow sportswashed elephant in the room, we're more than competitive and will be again next season. I love Jurgen and don't doubt that he loves the club and fans, but in terms of his career he'd be insane to leave now. It's not like we're in ninth position and out of all competitions.