You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

28 minutes ago, therevivalist said:

The Quad hype is a creation of the sensational media partly intended to set us up for a good laugh when we come short, which they have already started. 

Yes. I'm a bit disappointed not one pundit pointed out that, seeing as Joe Fagan's treble has been routinely ignored for decades, it's a tad hypocritical to be hyping up a quadruple. It's certainly not bothered me, nor I suspect masses of fans. To me it's just a case of trying to win as much as you can and seeing where that leads you.

59 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Huh?

City were first, second, first, second and fourth in the five seasons before the baldy weirdo showed up.

I'm on about them as a club in general you closet blue moon spark plug. 

One thing i really hope does not happen if as looks very likely now we don't win title or if we don't beat Real Madrid and lift old big ears is a narrative of "trying to win the cups cost us" starts...

I can see it happening and people saying that is why we "fell away" in league - it would be bollocks.

1. We haven't fallen away - we have drawn a couple of games in a run trying to win about 18 on bounce and those draws are against man city and tottenham...two very good sides. We have racked up a massive amount of pts...an amount that would piss leagues without the cheating bastards in changing the ask....an amount of pts that used to be seen rarely until last few seasons.

We have won an unbelievable amount of games and hardly ever lose.

2. The idea you can't go balls out for everything is flawed IMO - you of course almost certainly won't win everything, but trying to as we have this season is the right thing to do - and look how close we have come, and it isn't 100% dead yet .... Yeah the schedule is fucking mad, but how exciting has it been - give me this everytime over the meek early exits in the cups/half arsed team selections. You can't play best XI every game along the way, but you can build a squad that can manage and rotate without putting out shite line ups.

It has been a brilliant ride, and who knows what we may yet get out of it - it can't and won't happen often, if ever again - but trying as we have to win everything properly has been fantastic.

I just hope if we don't win either or both the bih ones that people start slating the cups/blaming going for them.....because IMHO it is a flawed argument.

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, an tha said:

I just hope if we don't win either or both the bih ones that people start slating the cups/blaming going for them.....because IMHO it is a flawed argument.

If it does you can be sure it will be the same folks who were moaning for years that we didn't want to win the domestic cups.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If it does you can be sure it will be the same folks who were moaning for years that we didn't want to win the domestic cups.

Aye....probably.

I of course meant to put "don't start slating" by the way!

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Just read that we have picked up 41 points from the last 45 available and had only been held this calendar year in 2-2 draws away at Chelsea and Manchester City prior to Saturday evening.

Yet we're still more than likely not going to win the league.  One for the shitness of modern football.

Lionel Messi travelled to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on Monday to take part in an event with the Ministry of Tourism of Saudi Arabia.

There, he was received by Ahmed Al Khateeb, Minister for Tourism, who received him with great hospitality. The meeting, according to reports in France, could be due to a new position for the Argentinean: as a tourism ambassador for Saudi Arabia.