You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Think the win at wolves was 76 or 77.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

FFS. Last time I believe The Twitter. 

Yeah, the 75-76 season was Wolves. We also won the UEFA Cup, but against Brugge.

Guardiola is making himself look even more of a tit than even we might have expected. He seriously is crap at trying to play these games. It's astonishing.

Speaking after the game, Guardiola claimed that the country would be rooting against his side in the title race, while also aiming a dig at the Reds' recent poor return of Premier League trophies.

"Everyone in this country supports Liverpool, the media and everyone, of course because Liverpool has an incredible history behind in European competition - not in Premier Leagues, because they’ve won one in 30 years - but it’s not a problem at all," he told beIN Sports at full-time.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Guardiola is making himself look even more of a tit than even we might have expected. He seriously is crap at trying to play these games. It's astonishing.

Speaking after the game, Guardiola claimed that the country would be rooting against his side in the title race, while also aiming a dig at the Reds' recent poor return of Premier League trophies.

"Everyone in this country supports Liverpool, the media and everyone, of course because Liverpool has an incredible history behind in European competition - not in Premier Leagues, because they’ve won one in 30 years - but it’s not a problem at all," he told beIN Sports at full-time.

He's a sad human being.

20 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

The guilt of being the face of dodgy middle eastern regime using sport to whitewash its image

42 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Weird little man. Knows he's managing a crap, nothing club and if they win the title nobody cares, whereas a week later we could potentially win his holy grail and overshadow them again as we bask in glory.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Weird little man. Knows he's managing a crap, nothing club and if they win the title nobody cares, whereas a week later we could potentially win his holy grail and overshadow them again as we bask in glory.

I think you're kidding yourself a bit there. Winning the title means that we haven't won it, most of the country will get behind that!

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Fucking hell, Keys and Gray will have just loved that, the fucking nonces.

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Foxes not happy with Roggo-san.

Brendan going full on Owl there.

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Klopp has won three league titles against the odds. Guardiola has managed three near-certainties.

No point denying that City aren't a top side. I'm sure most of us have taken over a barely mid table side on Football Manager and won leagues by using cheats to give us almost unlimited funds. I've done with with Portsmouth ffs. I'm not even bald. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No point denying that City aren't a top side. I'm sure most of us have taken over a barely mid table side on Football Manager and won leagues by using cheats to give us almost unlimited funds. I've done with with Portsmouth ffs. I'm not even bald. 

Huh?

City were first, second, first, second and fourth in the five seasons before the baldy weirdo showed up.

You might want to use mind games when you're chasing the leaders. You don't need them when you're the leader. What's he hope to achieve? More media people buying season tickets at the Etihad? Lovelier comments about a winning team? It's like watching someone hold a gun the wrong way round and playing Russsian roulette. It's pathetic.

Hopefully, if asked about this, Klopp will just smile and shake his head pityingly. That's all it needs.

The Quad hype is a creation of the sensational media partly intended to set us up for a good laugh when we come short, which they have already started. A lot of us have fallen for it but we can be forgiven as fans. Correct me if I'm wrong but no such thing has happened in recent memory as far as I know. To be realistic, I would consider it a huge success if we won just one of the remaining three trophies, especially the CL. The expectation is obviously taking its toll on the psyche of our players. I am talking here about things like the constant hoofing of the ball, too many stray passes and the overall rushing of play. And of course Salah's loss of form at a critical time we needed him has not helped. I understand why Klopp starts him regardless but I thought he could have mixed it up a little by introducing somebody like Origgi for the last 20 minutes or so. So it should be no surprise nor a source of depression if we lose the title to City. Let's fully focus now on the other two left, snatch one at least and call it a season.   

Just now, therevivalist said:

The Quad hype is a creation of the sensational media partly intended to set us up for a good laugh when we come short, which they have already started. A lot of us have fallen for it but we can be forgiven as fans. Correct me if I'm wrong but no such thing has happened in recent memory as far as I know. To be realistic, I would consider it a huge success if we won just one of the remaining three trophies, especially the CL. The expectation is obviously taking its toll on the psyche of our players. I am talking here about things like the constant hoofing of the ball, too many stray passes and the overall rushing of play. And of course Salah's loss of form at a critical time we needed him has not helped. I understand why Klopp starts him regardless but I thought he could have mixed it up a little by introducing somebody like Origgi for the last 20 minutes or so. So it should be no surprise nor a source of depression if we lose the title to City. Let's fully focus now on the other two left, snatch one at least and call it a season.   

I thought the 'were on for the quad' narrative was a bit silly when the league has never been in our hands, but I haven't really seen anyone trying to knock us down since the draw yesterday