You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

12 hours ago, Kevin D said:

There will be a lot of off-duty police officers among the Rangers fans. If the Seville police want a fight, they’ll get one.

Having been ‘welcomed’ a few times by Spanish and Italian police over the years, I would not be inordinately upset to see a couple get a good bouncing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Wolves still have a chance of making it into Europe. They're at home to City next week in a game which is their last chance to get into that conference league spot if they win.

And West Ham after being knocked out tonight would also need a result against City to get back into the Europa. They are also at home in that fixture.

So Wolves and West Ham definitely have something to play for. Doesn't guarantee they would take points off City but they certainly aren't on the beach at this stage.

Yeah yesterday was the best possible result for us. They would have had the Europa League final 3 days after they play city and rested all their players.

Now they have a week gap between games before city with the bitter taste of not reaching the final and will want to get there again. All the interviews after yesterdays match are them saying they want to be in it next year. Wolves also have the ECL target and i actually think that's the tougher game for city, they have a better manager than Moyes who knows how to set up a team tactically.

It's game on and city won't have it easy with those two away games. 

Imagine if City faded badly and maybe lost or drew a couple of their remaining games. They'd end the season with no trophies for the first time since Pep's first season.

Would Abu Dhabi consider pulling the trigger on him at that point? Will almost certainly be moot as they're still very likely to win all their remaining fixtures but there's always that lingering whiff of mental fragility around Guardiola's teams, and Abu Dhabi don't strike me as the most understanding of owners.

11 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Yeah yesterday was the best possible result for us. They would have had the Europa League final 3 days after they play city and rested all their players.

Now they have a week gap between games before city with the bitter taste of not reaching the final and will want to get there again. All the interviews after yesterdays match are them saying they want to be in it next year. Wolves also have the ECL target and i actually think that's the tougher game for city, they have a better manager than Moyes who knows how to set up a team tactically.

Yep, West Ham got a good taste of European competition and they definitely liked it. 

It's sometimes easy to forget that even in the 30-year league drought, Liverpool won more trophies than so many of these clubs combined. Getting so close to any trophy like that will burn. 

Moyes is a fucking bully. He's done a good job at West Ham but it doesn't change the fact that he's thin-skinned, prickly and aggressive. He's a fucking cunt, I can't work out if Everton warped him or if he's always had latent cuntery and it's just been given the opportunity to emerge into the open air.

• Upvote 4

When a team like West Ham lose a tie like this, I just don't think they consider rationally: 'We need to regroup, train even harder and bomb on in the league in the hope we quaify for another taste of the high life'. I fear they go home, drown their sorrows, snort some stuff, call up a few 'friends,' and pretty much stagger through the next few games. Don't make the mistake of assuming they're cool-headed logicians. I doubt they'll give City any problems. I hope I'm wrong. But fights and injuries? Much more likely.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manny said:

Moyes is a fucking bully. He's done a good job at West Ham but it doesn't change the fact that he's thin-skinned, prickly and aggressive. He's a fucking cunt, I can't work out if Everton warped him or if he's always had latent cuntery and it's just been given the opportunity to emerge into the open air.

Perfectly suited to them, definitely his nature. He’s Everton in human form. His big takeaways last night were the ball-boy throwing it back to him too softly, their bench all getting up to appeal for a red card and even how having to listen to them celebrating afterwards was somehow underhand. Absolute fucking loser mentality. Always been perfectly happy for the get-out clause and security blanket of that type of painfully weak shit to create the impression of only being beaten unjustifiably/it being a moral victory because he wouldn’t stoop so low. Made a career out of stoking Evertonian resentments to deflect from his own limitations didn’t he, if anything it was him warping them.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Perfectly suited to them, definitely his nature. He’s Everton in human form. His big takeaways last night were the ball-boy throwing it back to him too softly, their bench all getting up to appeal for a red card and even how having to listen to them celebrating afterwards was somehow underhand. Absolute fucking loser mentality. Always been perfectly happy for the get-out clause and security blanket of that type of painfully weak shit to create the impression of only being beaten unjustifiably/it being a moral victory because he wouldn’t stoop so low. Made a career out of stoking Evertonian resentments didn’t he, if anything it was

him warping them.

Yeah his moan about the referee was decidedly "Collina-ruling-out-Dunc's-header" territory, basically that he can't get his head around the idea that referees from somewhere else might referee the game differently to how he's used to. Get over it bog-eyes, that's part of the challenge of European competition - you have to keep trying, keep qualifying and adapt.

Or you can just moan about it and use it as an excuse and see everyone pat you on the head for being a plucky trier who everyone from the out group has it in for. Bellend.

• Upvote 2

Moyes on coaching in Spain: 'They have this period for rest during the day - what we would call a "siesta"'. He's not very bright. Lawro loves him though - I guess the Preston connection.

As for his team, surely Rice's agent will immediately start talking to CL clubs, Bowen's agent will be tying up a big-ish money deal, while the rest kick cats or whatever else they do. There's no 'we go again' mentality in bunches of players like that. 

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

Yeah his moan about the referee was decidedly "Collina-ruling-out-Dunc's-header" territory, basically that he can't get his head around the idea that referees from somewhere else might referee the game differently to how he's used to. Get over it bog-eyes, that's part of the challenge of European competition - you have to keep trying, keep qualifying and adapt.

Or you can just moan about it and use it as an excuse and see everyone pat you on the head for being a plucky trier who everyone from the out group has it in for. Bellend.

Not to mention the remark about how they’ve beaten better sides than Frankfurt (who hasn’t!) Wouldn’t seem so loaded from anyone else, but this prick has a pattern of it. Sitting in the ITV studio that time acting like he’d been somehow cheated, because Zenit were in the UEFA Cup final but Everton had beaten them earlier on in the group stages, so they should be there really. Just all sums up what he sees as winning and why he won’t ever do it in reality away from a comedy banner.

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

The football Gods appeared on Wednesday to punsih Pep and his boys. I assume they're still around and will provide a draw at "El Gasico" on Sunday. No need to wait for Wolves or West Ham, we'll be sorted after the week end.

29 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

When a team like West Ham lose a tie like this, I just don't think they consider rationally: 'We need to regroup, train even harder and bomb on in the league in the hope we quaify for another taste of the high life'. I fear they go home, drown their sorrows, snort some stuff, call up a few 'friends,' and pretty much stagger through the next few games. Don't make the mistake of assuming they're cool-headed logicians. I doubt they'll give City any problems. I hope I'm wrong. But fights and injuries? Much more likely.

Donald Sutherland Kellys Heroes Quotes. QuotesGram | Kelly's heroes, Donald  sutherland, Hero quotes

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Moyes on coaching in Spain: 'They have this period for rest during the day - what we would call a "siesta"'. He's not very bright. Lawro loves him though - I guess the Preston connection.

As for his team, surely Rice's agent will immediately start talking to CL clubs, Bowen's agent will be tying up a big-ish money deal, while the rest kick cats or whatever else they do. There's no 'we go again' mentality in bunches of players like that. 

Haha, could be a series in that.

'They have this thing - small portions of food that are served, especially with alcoholic drinks, in bars and restaurant. We'd call them tapas.' 

• Upvote 1