You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Today was the one, I think we’ve ran out of road now. I can’t imagine in my wildest dreams they’re dropping points to the shite they have left to play. So infuriating the heights this team is hitting and not getting their just rewards, we go to the last but it’s looking very grim now.

I agree.

But luckily our squad don't give up so until it's impossible its possible 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

If we end up with the CL and the Fa cup, or to be honest the CL only, we’ll still be the team getting all the attention and they’ll still be getting fucked off that nobody is arsed that they win the league. This would be a massive comfort if we end up just being pipped again.

We have won the League Cup already Jimmy.

54 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

After seeing them today Newcastle could be a handful.

I don't know what you saw from Newcastle today to give you hope. 

They were utter shite, totally dominated by 50 Year old James Milner. They never laid a glove on us and should of lost about 5 nil.

That been said what can we do but hope they can pull off a minor miracle. 

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I don't think goal difference will come into it would need a loss for them an a draw for us by my reckoning.

Best we can hope is they draw and we need to win the lot 

We definitely have the potential to win the rest. So do they, but if they drop points id be surprised, but expect us to drive over the line.

5 minutes ago, John102 said:

I cant see Man City dropping any points again this season, however, playing Wolves and West Ham on the spin away from home, seems a much more likely place to drop points than against a shit Leeds team.

Law of averages say they'll drop points at some point, as do ours, and it just shows how exceptional these two teams are that we still might not.

One moreso, of course, as they aren't massive, massive, cheating fucking cunts.

29 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Well, one mown lawn and delicious lasagne later, I pop in here to note that City have won. Ho hum. They were always likely to against a porous Leeds. I don't know why there's such despondency. If we're honest, they'll more than likely win every game now. Won't stop me enjoying our run in any less though. Will pour myself another cabernet and look forward to watching Burnley on match of the day.

This. They still have to go and win every game. I know we do too, but the onus is on them and they have more to lose.

I am not sure the goal difference matters now as I think one 'mistake' from either side would be defining and on the basis that we are running out of games, so it will be settled on points.

I am hoping there is another twist, if everything plays out with no surprises, the bitters penalty almost is that key moment. But if that is the case, thats not under our control and we cannot do anything about it. And if they win it, they could be overshadowed by what else we potentially achieve, but is all ifs and buts right now. 

They go to Real, newly crowned champions, with a wafer thin lead. If they progress, they cant drop a step there. 120 mins would do nicely, preferably with a glorious exit as I really wouldnt want to face them in the Champions league final, if we can possibly help it. And we owe Franco's fascists one. 

The fixture list doesnt look too demanding for them, but they slip up when least expected. 

It will go to the wire for sure, and Ill take a 97th minute winner off Coutinho's arse cheek and Stevie knee sliding dpwn the touchline giving it the 'have that you bald corrupt bastard!' and us overtaking them at that moment.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, derykw said:

I don't know what you saw from Newcastle today to give you hope. 

They were utter shite, totally dominated by 50 Year old James Milner. They never laid a glove on us and should of lost about 5 nil.

That been said what can we do but hope they can pull off a minor miracle. 

Newcastle are very physical and athletic. That's probably me clutching at straws. Shelvey to score a hat trick of 30 yarders!