You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Leeds have tightened up at the back under their new manager, so they may be more stubborn than people are giving them credit for.

Would rather if Leeds weren't fully safe and still had something to fight for. Thank God Bielsa isn't there, because they could eat into the goal difference. We just need a capable manager with cop on to make life difficult like Palace and Southampton did a few weeks back. Would have a bit of hope with Wolves and West Ham. Maybe Leeds could be a challenge but I wouldn't have faith in them.

With Newcastle, it's a different dynamic even though they would be safe. Aside from the fact, they are now the most vile football club in the world, you would have to say that for the footballers who are there, they must be desperate to make an impression and be kept on, knowing that Newcastle will probably have a huge summer. I know I'm worried about that away game, because it's a 12:30 fuckfest and their place is bound to be bouncing.

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Would rather if Leeds weren't fully safe and still had something to fight for. Thank God Bielsa isn't there, because they could eat into the goal difference. We just need a capable manager with cop on to make life difficult like Palace and Southampton did a few weeks back. Would have a bit of hope with Wolves and West Ham. Maybe Leeds could be a challenge but I wouldn't have faith in them.

With Newcastle, it's a different dynamic even though they would be safe. Aside from the fact, they are now the most vile football club in the world, you would have to say that for the footballers who are there, they must be desperate to make an impression and be kept on, knowing that Newcastle will probably have a huge summer. I know I'm worried about that away game, because it's a 12:30 fuckfest and their place is bound to be bouncing.

Im ever the optomist Ronnie but if Im absolutely honest, I dont know where city would drop points in their remaining games. It is going to be a truely unexpected event.

Fucking West Ham and Leicester aways have cost us massively and the thing is, both those defeats were utterly avoidable.

39 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im ever the optomist Ronnie but if Im absolutely honest, I dont know where city would drop points in their remaining games. It is going to be a truely unexpected event.

Fucking West Ham and Leicester aways have cost us massively and the thing is, both those defeats were utterly avoidable.

Brighton at home and Brentford away too.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

I've said it for a long time that we can be Jekyll and Hyde at times. Unreal first 45, shite in the second and vice versa.

Yep. 20 odd minutes the other night were hard to watch. It's times like that where Henderson needs to grab the game back by the scruff of the neck. 

• Upvote 1

We seem to lose collective concentration for some reason (which could be mistaken for taking a rest) and usually against decent opposition that results in us having to defend more than we’d like, against good opposition it could easily result in conceding.

Something we have to sort out, especially in cup competitions, but also now we’re at the pointy end of the league.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

My gut feeling Docker is that we both win all our remaining games.

Having said that we both have two awkward games so it's a chance. 

I know every season is different but we're bound to win a tight title race at some point. Off the top of my head, 2002 (Arsenal), 2009 (United) and 2014 and 2019 (City) over the last twenty years. Maybe this will be the year....

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Anubis said:

Spurs fans had this as a banker Arsenal defeat. Unlucky.

I think I would prefer Spurs to make it..used to be other way around. I'm willing to overlook my hatred of Kane as I cannot stand that Lego faced baby Pep. The BS around these 'young players' and the future etc and the goalkeeper...I'd take Pickford ahead of him...at least for the comedy movements when a ball comes close! 

Plus if Arse stay crap for a while that Martinelli might be a useful Squad member, maybe Saka also, although prefer the former.