You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Didn’t think Brighton would offer a chance of getting city to drop points.

They’ll keep winning will city, and I hope we will, but if they’re going to drop points and we’re to take advantage, it’ll be around the time they might need a result to make the CL final, which will be their priority.

A couple of injuries, pressure to beat Madrid in either of their games and a stubborn Leeds or Newcastle could mean they might have a dominant game that they may not score in. 
To be fair, the same could happen to us though.

Wolves or West Ham are the only hopes. 

Pity West Ham will probably be distracted by Europe. Not an easy game. They have decent players and some very good ones. Wolves are a decent team as well and are technically proficient. Again not easy. Well coached and less likely to fall into the traps City set for teams.

The other games City will work on the goal difference imo, but you just never know. Genuinely think they could hit Leeds for five or six.

Real Madrid are going to be very difficult for them. They are European royalty and several of their team are several times European champions. Ancelloti is a great manager who could really stifle them. That could impact them in the league.

I look at our run in and two games stand out as tricky; Newcastle away with the 12:30 kick off and Spurs at home. Still I fancy us to win all of our games.

I reckon it's 60-40 City because I think both teams will win all of their games. Football doesn't always work to the script though. 

Tonight was a long shot but if they have picked up injuries, then not a bad night for us.

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Still all to play for. Brighton was never a game you’d expect them to have difficulty with. 

Everything to play for, but I just don't think it's going to happen unfortunately.

And then the thought of a European Cup Final against them too... this team of ours is much, much too good to deserve such a nightmare prospect.

I think there's simply never been a higher-grade two-horse rivalry than this.

I think us winning the league relied upon us beating City. Apply as much pressure as we can but I can't for the life of me see how they drop any points in their remaining games. Early season I could but at the business end no chance. Its hard not to be gutted by the honors being stolen from this side by Abu Dhabi.

• Upvote 2

It’s a shame City will likely pull most of the goal difference back on Saturday against their own personal whipping boys Watford.

Whoever replaces Watford and Burnley can’t be as bad as 6 guaranteed points and a goal difference of +20 from those fixtures. 

If Hodgeson could pull off a miracle, I’ll consider forgiving his time with us. 

It's unfortunate that they had two home games against opposition they were always going to easily beat, but so be it.  The hope for us the games around their semi-finals.  They've Leeds away after the first leg, and then Newcastle at home after the 2nd leg.  You feel if it's going to happen, then it's going to have to be then.  They'll be hoping for the same from us.

It does feel like we needed to beat them a few weeks back if we were going to do it, but I hold out hope based on they've not strung 7 wins in a row in the league this season, and so hopefully they won't this time either either.