You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The scenes in the tunnel and elsewhere from the Atletico v city game are both funny as fuck while at the same time, disturbing.

I really dont get why people think Simone is a great \ good \ better manager. He plays anti football and is all about aggression. If he rocks up in the PL with any club, those games will be like fucking battle fields.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The scenes in the tunnel and elsewhere from the Atletico v city game are both funny as fuck while at the same time, disturbing.

I really dont get why people think Simone is a great \ good \ better manager. He plays anti football and is all about aggression. If he rocks up in the PL with any club, those games will be like fucking battle fields.

Our refs wouldn't fall for any of that malarkey, no sireee bob!

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

One way to skin a cat etc.

40 minutes ago, aws said:

I'd be surprised if Pep risks them on Saturday. His focus will be firmly on the other two trophies. 

It’s not as if they don’t have quality replacements either. 

From the sides on Sunday, swap De Bruyne out for Gündoğan and Walker for Zivchenko / Ake / Dias and the drop off isn’t that great.

I would say though, I’ve always felt Gündoğan struggles with the pace of the game against us and they’ll miss Walker’s recovery pace as well. 

Whoever plays, we’ll need a very, very good performance to win. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

It’s not as if they don’t have quality replacements either. 

From the sides on Sunday, swap De Bruyne out for Gündoğan and Walker for Zivchenko / Ake / Dias and the drop off isn’t that great.

I would say though, I’ve always felt Gündoğan struggles with the pace of the game against us and they’ll miss Walker’s recovery pace as well. 

Whoever plays, we’ll need a very, very good performance to win. 

I think those changes would help more than hinder us. Hopefully this time we are going to be ready for their high pressure start.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I'd imagine this has something to do with it -

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aws said:

I'd be surprised if Pep risks them on Saturday. His focus will be firmly on the other two trophies. 

I agree. I think the CL draw has worked massively in our favour for once.

I'd be very surprised if we don't beat them this weekend.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

How are Nkunku and that Croatian midfielder for RBL playing? 

Nkunku's scored and been very good. Leipzig don't have a Croatian midfielder, they have the centre back, Gvardiol. 

The game has been open and so it's difficult for him, but he has undeniable qualities. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nkunku's scored and been very good. Leipzig don't have a Croatian midfielder, they have the centre back, Gvardiol. 

The game has been open and so it's difficult for him, but he has undeniable qualities. 

Yep, my bad, the Croatian midfield plays for Salzburg.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Wasn’t really sure where to put this, so here is as good as anywhere. Interesting result so far with CL slightly winning out.

Premier League.

I’ve seen us win 2 Champions Leagues. I’m still yet to fully see us win the Premier League. 

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Wasn’t really sure where to put this, so here is as good as anywhere. Interesting result so far with CL slightly winning out.

We have a far bigger cosmopolitan fanbase now so many of them dont feel what it means to be the national champions entering and competing in the Champions League as such.

For me, the league title trumps the CL every day. Well, until we've won 3 to 5 more league titles anyway!

I think that poll is skewed though because it says whichever you want to win city wins the other. Fuck that!

Id be genuinely interested to know what portion of fans for clubs like Real, Bayern, Juve etc would put winning the CL ahead of their national title.

Edited by dockers_strike
change understand for feel

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Premier League, as it should be our bread and butter.

Manchester City's achievements will be asterisked and/or forgotten over time. Who really cares about them? They shouldn't impact on our thinking in terms of our own honours. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Premier League, as it should be our bread and butter.

Manchester City's achievements will be asterisked and/or forgotten over time. Who really cares about them? They shouldn't impact on our thinking in terms of our own honours. 

This! Fuck what city win.

• Upvote 1