You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

They wont let that Gallagher on loan at Palace play against them but hopefully, they will be fucked after 120 minutes and the loss tonight!

From memory, they allowed Courtois to play the CL semi-final against them for Atleti.

Villareal are currently 7th in la liga! Barring any complacency,  we couldn't have asked for a more city type draw! As in rather straight forward. If it were city playing them,  they're isn't a poster on here that would say villa have a chance. It's no different to their chances against us as long as we turn up! 

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

Villareal are currently 7th in la liga! Barring any complacency,  we couldn't have asked for a more city type draw! As in rather straight forward. If it were city playing them,  they're isn't a poster on here that would say villa have a chance. It's no different to their chances against us as long as we turn up! 

Villarreal are through the CL semi final while we are not so thats irrelvent right now

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

Let's do our job tomorrow first then worry about the next one.

But yeah of course if we do go through then Villareal is a tie we'd expect to win if we are at or near our best.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Bit of a surprise then that they supposedly refused Palace's request to play him. Maybe they didnt think Courtois would damage them?

From memory I don't think UEFA gave them a choice, I'm sure it was in the rules that they couldn't deny a loan player from playing.

• Upvote 1

I think you can disappear up your own arsehole endlessly worrying about combinations for other teams in draws and how it will affect them in other competition games. You can play a far easier team but lose 2 key players to injury for instance.

All I know is that when the CL  'group of death' was on the tv screen at the first draw, if you had said that we would win all 6 group games, be 3-1 up on Benfica with a home leg to come and if all goes well a potential semi final with Villareal, my kecks woukd have been down and I would have been throwing myself around the room.

• Upvote 14

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think you can disappear up your own arsehole endlessly worrying about combinations for other teams in draws and how it will affect them in other competition games. You can play a far easier team but lose 2 key players to injury for instance.

All I know is that when the CL  'group of death' was on the tv screen at the first draw, if you had said that we would win all 6 group games, be 3-1 up on Benfica with a home leg to come and if all goes well a potential semi final with Villareal, my kecks woukd have been down and I would have been throwing myself around the room.

Yep, everybody was laughing then. Probably not so much now. Give Benfica their due respect tomorrow and then it's a score to settle with Emery. 

• Upvote 1

Seemed strange tactics by Real, seemingly desperately avoiding any chance to cross the ball throughout despite Benzema's performance in the air in the first leg. They eventually after 70 minutes finally threw in 3 crosses / lofted passes leading to 2 goals and a bar hit.

Brave game by Chelsea, to be fair. They were impressive, just had too much to do against too experienced a team.

As for Bayern, Nagelsmann fucked that up tactically. The shape was too mad. Villarreal were cold blooded. The way they played out of press and countered in both legs was phenomenal.