You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

31 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Canada lost their first match in twelve of the final round of WC qualifying Thursday.

Disappointing, but they will still qualify, as they're six points up on Costa Rica with two matches remaining and with an 11-goal GD advantage (the first tie-breaker).

I keep reading articles about their situation, and not a single one point out that last bit. 

The quality of journalism nowadays, sports and otherwise, is absolute garbage.

The Canada team have been getting loads of good press in England. 

9 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Is Salif Diao really in our legends team? He wasn't very good when he was young. 

Fuck it. There's an old sherif in town!

He gets a free pass ahead of Stewart fucking Downing, the Kop shushing waste of skin, any day of the week.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, polymerpunkah said:

A young team, high tempo football, and, most importantly, they score goals. 

Davies is a very good player, wasted playing LB at Bayern, IMO.

He needs to be moved further up the pitch ASAP, could be 20 goal a season attacker easily with his ability imo.

It worked out pretty well for Bale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

He needs to be moved further up the pitch ASAP, could be 20 goal a season attacker easily with his ability imo.

It worked out pretty well for Bale.

His pace is undeniable, and he has skills to beat players.

But if he isn't constantly working on them against the best then he won't develop fully.

Hopefully Bayern will see the light and give him a chance to show what he can do.

11 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

He gets a free pass ahead of Stewart fucking Downing, the Kop shushing waste of skin, any day of the week.

Yeah but how far down the roladex do you have to get before you get to Salif Diao?

Our opening conversation must have been "Salif I'm going to level with you. You aren't our first choice. You aren't our second choice. You aren't even a choice.

It was between you and a dead guy and it was a split vote. "

20 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Yeah but how far down the roladex do you have to get before you get to Salif Diao?

Our opening conversation must have been "Salif I'm going to level with you. You aren't our first choice. You aren't our second choice. You aren't even a choice.

It was between you and a dead guy and it was a split vote. "

The dead guy would have better positioning 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Hendo's face is an an absolute belter of a pic!

im sure like most here, ive watched our silly training videos and our lads absolutely ping the ball around at them Rondos. 

The england team are just tipping it about like kids. 

That myth of international football is the best of the best is utter bullshit isnt it. 

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

im sure like most here, ive watched our silly training videos and our lads absolutely ping the ball around at them Rondos. 

The england team are just tipping it about like kids. 

That myth of international football is the best of the best is utter bullshit isnt it. 

They are just keeping it simple so McGuire feels involved in the session. 

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

The dead guy would have better positioning 

I can't get over it. He wasn't even a first team regular. 

He generally played for the reserves and according to reports on here - badly. 

If he can be a liverpool legend literally anybody who laced a pair of boots for us could be. 

49 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

If he can be a liverpool legend literally anybody who laced a pair of boots for us could be. 

I think ‘legends’ teams are generally understood to have a few ex players that just make up the numbers, in addition to the actual legends. 
edit- I’m assuming you’re too young to have regularly watched Phil Babb ‘defending’ ? If he’s a legend then so is Frode Kippe

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What’s surprising aboot it? You’ve always been shit and of no consequence, now it looks like you’ll be a bit less shit and maybe worth writing aboot. 

It's true, but I didn't think a CONCACAF team would get this amount of praise from around the world. 

We've come basically out of nowhere, though, which is worth talking about, I suppose. 

11 minutes ago, DPW said:

This is incredible lols 

Not sure if thats sarcasm but the fact you can see McGuire at the side like some grinning idiot and then the ball just bounces off him not knowing what to do sums him up.

Stupid is, stupid does.

Edit - It’s reminded me of this…

”Fetch boy, fetch….”

5BF8933E-690E-4AFF-826C-6F1459928584.gif

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

At least he played actual first team games unlike a few of the Barca Legends.