You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Penalty, for me. 

That goal that Everton conceded was criminal though. Absolutely awful defending from Keane. 

And, to be honest, there’s plenty of other more difficult fixtures in which City could drop points. It was always going to be a stretch for Everton to take something off them. 

Everton are right in the shit now. Leeds need to act quickly and jib off Bielsa. A new manager bounce and a bit more solidity (and a reality check that they can’t go toe to toe with every team that they play) is needed ASAP. 

11 minutes ago, Jennings said:

VAR is simply used to give some integrity to refs. It needs to become operated independently if it is making outright decisions.

There needs to be a pool of people in separate locations from which 3-5 are selected at random on the day of the game. Each VAR official has a button to make a decision or leave to the ref. Majority one way or the other overrules the ref automatically.

As shite as I know our officials are, I'm still absolutely flabbergasted that that handball was not given as a penalty.  It fits all the criteria needed to be given 1.  The ball is not coming at pace  2. The ball is coming from a fair distance away  3. the arm is away from the body  4. At least half the ball hits bare skin and not sleeve.

It's a 100% penalty.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jhinge Machha said:

Looks like richarlison got given offside for the buildup hence the no pen for the handball. Meh.

At least everton lost, and this city will have much tougher sides to play against so as long as we do our thing and keep winning

If that's the explanation, fine, although the broadcast didn't show it.

The actual handball incident is the most stonewall thing of all time.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

If that's the explanation, fine, although the broadcast didn't show it.

The actual handball incident is the most stonewall thing of all time.

Yeah, that's what Le Saux was saying in the commentary and NBC had post match analysis for the same.

Although they never brought out the lines so it's hard to tell if he was really offside

4 minutes ago, derykw said:

As shite as I know our officials are, I'm still absolutely flabbergasted that that handball was not given as a penalty.  It fits all the criteria needed to be given 1.  The ball is not coming at pace  2. The ball is coming from a fair distance away  3. the arm is away from the body  4. At least half the ball hits bare skin and not sleeve.

It's a 100% penalty.

Lam yakun.

6 minutes ago, Jhinge Machha said:

Looks like richarlison got given offside for the buildup hence the no pen for the handball. Meh.

At least everton lost, and this city will have much tougher sides to play against so as long as we do our thing and keep winning

I hope that is the explanation, can’t believe the commentators didn’t explain it. I’d be losing faith if it was a simple no hand ball decision.

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Thinking City getting a point might be better because it harms our local rivals is straight out of the Bumper Book of Blueshite Behaviour.

And will you be supporting Man Utd next week? 

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul.