You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Boss said:

Conte joined in November, in 9th place. Why are you going on about not being able to challenge for the title? And I don't think it was true that he was happy to work with Ashley Young and Victor Moses. He worked with them because that's what was available on the market at the time. He left at the end of the season because they didn't back him to go again. If he was in Klopp's position he would've walked at least 5 of the last 7 seasons.

What are you talking about - going on about Tottenham not being able to challenge for the title - that wasn’t mentioned at all? RE: whether he was happy or not .. he won the title with those players .. that’s the fact of the matter. 

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

I’m finding this Conte stuff fucking hilarious.

They’re so relentlessly depressing he’s begging to be released from his contract on live telly and only spoiled a run of 5 straight defeats to beat City for us. 

The fella deserves a bit more respect and gratitude tbh, great entertainment.

That’s pretty funny and I am enjoying it, but I agree with Alex that Spurs should be glad to have someone who demands wholesale change and isn’t content to let them rumble on being…well, Spurs.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Looks like the CL Final will formally be taken away from St Petersburg tomorrow.

Apparently criteria is a city that would be able to host 100k visitors at short notice - London, Rome, Paris, Munich, Barca, Madrid, Berlin etc all in the running.

Apparently Wembley is already booked for the Play Offs, so London Stadium is offering.

Knowing UEFA, they’ll move it to Kiev. Although I’d prefer St Petersburg or Kiev to the London Stadium.

Murrayfield.

19 minutes ago, lebron said:

Probably shouldn't even be thinking this given the struggles of the people of Ukraine, but... Do we reckon Chelsea get impacted by Boris clamping down on the oligarchs/Abramovich?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60506563

Meanwhile - how the fuck are UEFA allowing Zenit to play in tonight's Europa?!!!

• Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 23:51, lebron said:

To be fair Bodø Glimt are a pretty decent side, probably the closest a Norwegian side has been to reproducing Rosenborg's level from the 90's. They are normally a really good watch as well, even if they've lost many of their best players in quick succession over the last 12 months.

Håkon Evjen (Alkmaar)

Jens Petter Hauge (Milan)

Philip Zinkernagel (Forest)

Kasper Junker (Urawa Reds)

Patrick Berg (Lens)

Erik Botheim (Krasnodar)

Think one of the middle of the tier clubs in England, Germany or France could do a lot worse than their coach (Kjetil Knutsen). Unfortunately for him, Solskjær has probably ruined the chances of a lot of Norwegian coaches for the foreseeable...

I actually think Celtic will get a proper hammering when going back to Bodø next week. They are nearly unbeatable on home soil due to the climate and their artificial pitch.

1-0 already, should have been 2-0 a few seconds ago. Celtic look hilariously bad at the back.

16 minutes ago, lebron said:

2-0 Bodø in the 69th... Celtic just had a big chance. Should have been something like 4-1 by now, but for some woeful finishing. Seems to be a really strong wind out there, which might have an impact.

Both sides playing in the same wind. Celtic are useless in Europe. I don't think Ange is that arsed, the UEFA conference league..... fuck being the first side to win that. Domestic treble is on the cards. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Both sides playing in the same wind. Celtic are useless in Europe. I don't think Ange is that arsed, the UEFA conference league..... fuck being the first side to win that. Domestic treble is on the cards. 

Yeah, I meant on the finishing, not on the result...

Bodø aquitted themselves quite well in the qualifiers to the CL/EL recently, I don't think it's inconceivable that they knock out some of the bigger scalps in the next couple of rounds. They are a really good unit, and pretty effective on the counter when they can't dominate the matches. The climate and pitch being contributing factors as well...

On 22/02/2022 at 23:56, Razoray said:

I think Kepa starts for them

Their 11 will be strong (aside from the keeper) but their bench as No2 said is weak enough if Ziyech and Kovavic are out. He will probably bring in Jorginho and Mount for the 2 injured. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he starts Werner instead of Pulisic. 

I hope so X 2.

5 hours ago, Alex_K said:

What are you talking about - going on about Tottenham not being able to challenge for the title - that wasn’t mentioned at all? RE: whether he was happy or not .. he won the title with those players .. that’s the fact of the matter. 

Conte said that he has basically no chance of winning the title the other week, and he needs to feel that there is at least a chance. He signed for them in 9th when they were well out of a title race. It makes no sense.

You can win titles with Victor Moses and Ashley Young as your fullbacks in Italy, but you're not going to win them here (in 2022) against Pep and Klopp. Something I'm pretty sure he's aware of.