You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Good result for us that - Spurs spursing again.

Get as big a gap to top 4 place as possible so we can really focus on european cup and the fa cup in latter weeks of season without any worries.

The only results that matter for us in the league are City's

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Especially with the help they got tonight

The help they got in December/Jan with them facing severely weakened teams and us fielding weakened teams and then seeing an easy game postponed did for the title race IMO.

Leaves a sour taste like but for me its the case.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Good result for us that - Spurs spursing again.

Get as big a gap to top 4 place as possible so we can really focus on european cup and the fa cup in latter weeks of season without any worries.

As long as we win 8 of our last 16 league games we will comfortably be in the top four. I can't see anybody bar Chelsea and City finishing ahead of us now. I think we will finish second quite easily.

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

As long as we win 8 of our last 16 league games we will comfortably be in the top four. I can't see anybody bar Chelsea and City finishing ahead of us now. I think we will finish second quite easily.

Oh i am sure we will....just every bad result for those below us just consolidates our position and means we can go balls out for europe late in season without any worries at all.....protect some key men if we need to - especially with the miles Salah has and will have on clock.

Of course in the unlikely event that city collapse we of course need to make sure we can pounce...but every bad result for those below us helps.

I think we'll probably finish 2nd but it does not really matter if its 3rd does it - 3rd and the european cup is better than 2nd an no european cup, the two of course aren't mutually exclusive....but if we can't win league then it would be nice to not have to worry about league games mattering for top 4 in middle of european semis for example.

• Upvote 1