You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

All ifs and buts, I know, but how on earth did we lose to Leicester and fall apart at 2-0 v Chelsea? We'd be right up there behind City if we'd gotten the six points. 

Because they both played us like their lives depended on it. We're the team everyone wants to beat. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

All ifs and buts, I know, but how on earth did we lose to Leicester and fall apart at 2-0 v Chelsea? We'd be right up there behind City if we'd gotten the six points. 

For me thw dropped pts at chelsea and tottenham were in a large part down to being weakened....Leicester was simply an abject display - they happen of course even to best sides, but sadly now with the bar at the level the cheats have moved it to they are more or less not 'allowed' now.

11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Because they both played us like their lives depended on it. We're the team everyone wants to beat. 

They also actually pushed up the field to attack each other, leaving space in behind (Bergwijn's last goal for example) - whereas, they strung 5-6 across the back against us hoping to hit us on the break. When they weren't time wasting that is.

13 minutes ago, Strontium said:

United winning 3-0 in a game where they've been second best.

Just shows that at its most elementary level, football is a game of scoring goals, and if you have players that can reliably do that, then you've always got a chance.

Professional level punditry.

11 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

Spurs seem to be on a hell of a run since Conte came in. 

Fantastic manager. And I can't believe United didn't go for him, the fucking clowns. 

They really have painted themselves into a corner with the idea that you must be worthy enough to manage them. The best part is that they were warned by Liverpool's history, but they thought themselves too worthy to learn from anyone else. It's all too beautiful.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

If Spurs win their games in hand they are only 3 points behind us.

If Arsenal win their games in hand, they go level with Chelsea.

Spurs got out of jail last night with those 2 goals in 90 seconds turning the game. That's as much on leicester as anything. Conte has improved them but I dont think they're going to be 3 behind us any time soon.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Spurs got out of jail last night with those 2 goals in 90 seconds turning the game. That's as much on leicester as anything. Conte has improved them but I dont think they're going to be 3 behind us any time soon.

They are on a great run in the League. I'd be surprised but I wouldn't discount it.

A quick totalling up says they've taken 21/27 under Conte and are yet to lose a League game. Far tougher tests to come for them, but they are definitely getting better.

Obviously Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge, given how well beaten they were in the 2 League Cup games, will be a huge test of their improvement.

Sydney Charles Pigden is the old guy, he was a pilot in WW2 and a P.E. teacher. Once he said in an interview that he was more proud of Ian playing for England than being chosen to fly over the Buckingham Palace when the war ended, so you can clearly understand the amount of love and respect Ian had for him.
R.I.P Mr. Pigden 22.04.1922 - 27.12.2017!